I built a Snowman in N. GA

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Iluvsantasandsnowmen

Retire Member
Oct 27, 2007
In the state of confusion still...
Hey Y'all we have had about 4 inches of snow. So I went out and built a snowman!! I am so sore I did not realize how hard it was to build one!!
I was not sure where to put this, I put it here because snow in GA. is magical!! Snow anytime is Magical!! Or at least I think so!!
Though he did have leaves sticking out of him!! Then a few hours later he broke! and fell over!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

doodlebugs

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NC
We got snow too!! I am in the triad area of NC and rarely get a good snow! We had about 2 inches overnight and now we are getting freezing rain... yuck! The kids got up early enough to make a snowman before the rain came. Snow is magical!! :bigsnow:

thood

MHH Member
Oct 18, 2007
I'm so jealous. I live in Southwest Georgia. It seems Macon is the cut off and snow just won't come south of there. I'm glad you got to enjoy it. :bigsnow:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I guess that I will have to remember that snow is magical when we finally get winter here in NY. The most snow we have had this year so far is a foot at one time. But waiting because everyone knows that we will get our winter

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
That's great! You know I have never made a snowman!? :huh: Not even as a kid.

Here in Maryland we got some snow between 3 - 5 inches yesterday. Schools closed early as did my job. Yipeeee. It was so pretty but messy at the same time. There were a huge number of accidents all over the State. I don't think they was prepared for the accumulation we received because it was suppose to snow briefly then turn to sleet/rain. It snowed longer than anticipated. Many of the roads, especially in the city (at least around my job) did not see a plow truck until late in the afternoon. By that time everyone was on the roads and highways heading home.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Yes, snow IS magical, isn't it? We usually get snow for several days every winter, but it soon melts (I live in the desert area of WA State). At school, the kids here are not even allowed to TOUCH the snow, and often, by the time they get home, it's gone. Because we home school, we declare it a SNOW DAY and the kids are allowed to stay out and play all day long!

Iluvsantasandsnowmen, congrats on your snow man! A snowman with leaves still counts, and think of all the great exercise you got, as you rub your sore muscles! :bigsnow:

Aggy, you should give it a try if you have the chance! If nothing else, it's a great excuse for some hot cocoa afterwards!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
How fun for you! ::eek:rnament:

We are in Florida ... so no snow here. :frown:

A few years in a row, we've gone to in-laws in Iowa in February and yes, we saw snow! The kids loved it. But wow, it was -4 the morning we left to come home! We drove through St. Louis and stopped at the BIG arch. That's tall! It was so cold crossing the street from the hotel to the state park for the arch. I thought I wouldn't make it! Wow! :frosty:

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Ilovesantaandsnowment: I live in North Georgia too, in the mountains, near Clayton, GA and Franklin NC. Are you close?

When it snowed the other night I couldn't help but go stand in the drive and look out over the valley in my pjs. It just takes my breath away, the beauty of it all.

I'm glad you got to build your snowman!!!! :bigsnow:

doodlebugs

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NC
jackfrosty said:
Amazing castle cake-doodlebugs!
Thanks!! ::candyheart: That was a wedding cake!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
At this moment we could go out and build enough snowmen for everyone on this board. Sunday thru Monday we got 5ft of snow. Not magical at all trying to drive in it. Good thing there is such thing as 4 wheel drive or I would have not gotten anywhere.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow, do be careful!
:bigsnow: