I hate to do this BUT....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
I'm hoping I will too!!! We pick out our Secret Santa names on Friday (CIJ Family Dinner)!!

Then there are the kids who are done In December when I get their finalized list for Santa's gift... :grin:

I pretty much established the post it note stands for teacher gifts plus my gift closet stuff. So I should be ready also unless something happens along the way...

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmascreations -- it is a GOOD thing that you reminded us all that financial resour es are limited! Our dreams are not limited. But it is good to be reasonable about the money we spend. Creativity is unli9mited, thank goodness. ::eek:rnament:

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Thanks so much for reminding me I really need to buckle down and get some shopping done.

RadioJonD said:
And just to think...On July 1st, I was sooo excited 'bout starting on my next to last toothbrush 'til Christmas. Thanks for breaking it down into more realistic terms. ChristmasCreations!

<I'm still wondering what that fifth dentist knows!?!?>
:rotflol: you totally crack me up Jon!!!!!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I count down by Rudolph Days left and my husband just shakes his head and says, "Get help." lol

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Thank you for the holiday reminder!
:bigsnow:

I think my home will be much more organized and joyful than my pocketbook this season.

However, it isn't the money that makes the season bright. I will be blessed, no matter what is under my tree. :tree:

sunshine

Retire Member
Jun 23, 2008
I've made a good start at least. . we always do a Christmas club account at my credit union. . that will go fro last minute stuff.

I bought quite a bit at the after Christmas sales last year -- so neighbors/preacher's family/dance teacher are all taken care of - for less than $5 each. ( I got spaghetti pans, lifters, container for $3, and cookie press/cookie sheets, racks for $1.99)

I get as much on clearance/free as I can -- so I have VS flluffy socks for my dd and dil's. . . AXE shower gel and deodorant for my sons, dd's bf. . .

I just got a ton of stuff from AVON's sale. . . .for my mom, sis, MIL, and stocking stuffer's for my dd and dil's.

I have a good sized list of things I plan to make for my coworkers, unexpected guests, church members, and the little guests at the holiday. I have a huge stash of yarns, fabrics, trims and assorted craft supplies, so my out of pocket expenses for these should be very minimal.

Now, if I could just get permission from my doctor to actually DO something besides sit and crochet/knit/read. . I'd be happy.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Oh boy! Only 10 paychecks! Just a bit scary! :shock:

We've been hit by alot of out-of-pocket medical expenses recently - making putting money away in the Christmas account a lower priority than I would like at this time of year.

I have been trying to buy things here and there, but they are smaller items. Stocking stuffers, an ornament or two.

And I have been faithfully crafting away. I'm trying to make as many things as I can this year.

It will all come together in the end, one way or another, but that doesn't keep me from stressing a little bit. :rudolph:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thanks for the heads up! Reality check. I'm glad I've already started. :applause:

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Just to let you all know our "Christmas bug" is contagious! Last year at our family's 4th of July gathering when I suggested we draw names for the Christmas gift exchange the all looked at me like I had lost my mind. "It is only July and you are worried about Christmas? I think your rushing things" they said. This year I wanted to have everyone fill out a wish list and we would draw a list instead of just a name so at least everyon had a couple of ideas to work with. I didn't get the lists printed in time so I didn't make them draw on the 4th. Last week when we all got together to celebrate the July birthdays DSis and DSIL both asked why I hadn't done the drawing on the 4th. DSIL said "We better do that now we are late getting things going this year." :rotflol: (Before last year we drew names on Thankgiving) They all admitted it was nice to be able to pick up gifts earlier in the year when we found something on sale. At least 2 of my 4 siblings and myself had our gifts purchased for the exchange before the end on Nov. I'll convert them to year round planning yet.
:skate:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Wow, counting it by Fridays/ paychecks is a big reality check!! :frosty: