I need help with a gift idea for a friend for Wednesday

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

santashelper

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NS,CAN.
My best friend's birthday is Wednesday. My brain is not working these days and I just can't think of the perfect gift for her.

She is a single mom of two girls ages 10 and 7. She still wishes she was a SAHM. She really wants to meet that "special someone". She likes to scrapbook and make cards, but doesn't have much time. She is messy and disorganized. She lives in a two bedroom apartment and hopes to move at the beginning of July to a new apartment. She has every second weekend off from her girls. She works full time as a secretary in a law firm.

Any thing else I can tell you so you can help me with a gift?

I want to spend about $50 and make the gift look amazing!! She is a special person and I would like to make her feel special.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Will you send her gift to her workplace? (Like a beautiful arrangement of flowers? Or will you give it to her at lunch? (Maybe a git certificate AND a bakery box with some small, fabulous dessert to take home to share with her girls?)

Or will you take or send it to her home? If it is going to be opened at home with her girls, maybe a beautiful robe so she will look lovely even while relaxing at home?

Are you single also? If so, maybe you pay for an evening out together? Like at a spots bar, while some big game is on, and there are lots of men there with their buddies!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
What about a great organizer for her card making/scrap stuff so it's easier to pull out and work on for a few minutes when she has time. I'm sure there are Rubbermaid style bins or bins with compartments or drawers that would be perfect. You could put inside a few pampering items or things she might not splurge on for herself ---> like good quality lotions, bath salts if she's a bath fan, good quality tea, her favourite coffee.

santashelper

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NS,CAN.
Thank you for your suggestions. I ended up getting her a candle that is one of my favorites. It makes the crackling sound of a fireplace when lit and smells like pumpkin. Orange is also one of her favorite colors. A bottle of Australian red wine. And a bottle of relaxation spritzer than she can use as body spray or spray on her linens. I put it all in a basket and then put in easter grass in red, orange an beige. Kind of fall colors.

Heck if she doesn't love it. I do!!

Glad she loved it...I am on a gift crunch myself. I just found out one of my boys' teachers last day is TOMORROW!!! She sent a letter in todays report cards...uggghhh. Thank god I am not working tomorrow so I can go look for a present!!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
cc, in that gift closet with all the clearence shopping you have been getting doing, can't you pull something out for the teacher?!?! Will save having to go around tom..

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Urgent Care ! ! ? ? Hope all is well!