Ideas please

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
If you have an Asian market, that would be a wonderful place to visit! Love paper lanterns, fans and umbrella's for quick and inexpensive displays. Bamboo in vases, large fern leaves and tea set on a tray are wonderful too!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
teachermomof2 said:
Oriental Trading has some great Chinese items...lanterns and such. I would go with red and touches of gold. This site has some neat stuff for inspiration: http://asianideas.com/index.html

Lisa

Thank you! I've been trying to remember the name of that company for about a month now!

You could throw some pillows on the floor around your coffee table put your tea set on a tray and place it on the coffee table.

Maybe you could go Feng Shui, maybe the ying-yang thing with the black and white halves that form a full circle. They would probably be easy to make out of construction paper.

If you have a small fountain...that would be kind of Feng Shui, if not it would be really relaxing.

I almost forgot....fortune cookies in a bowl on the table with the tea.

I am out of ideas for now....I will keep thinking about it.

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
You might find some ideas here: Apartment Therapy.

Off the top of my head (some a mixture of asian cultures):

Chinese paper lanterns and vases
Lotus flowers
Bamboo
Decorate changing screen
Mini zen garden
Tea sets
Twinkly lights

and you could make some Sumi-e art (can find brushes at your local craft store; bamboo is easy for most to paint. For a finishing touch, carve a design in a potato half or gum eraser to make a stamp).

On top of "Feng shui," you could browse with "zen" as a keyword for ideas.