I'm back too!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Ahhh...
Life has slowed down (at last) to the point where I can breathe a little and think of the holidays. I have missed you ALL dearly as I faced many life challenges and personal choices. God had other plans for me than I had figured and I am just enjoying the ride as he leads me along my way.
For those worried about us and the flooding of Hurricane Irene, our mobile home park took a terrible blow. We lost 6 mobile homes from structural damage and about 9 more from water damage and mold. My home was spared any severe damage for which I am thankful. I have been supporting my neighbors and working hard to get us back to living normally.
So, with that said..........
Let the fun begin! I am ready for Christmas! (Oh did Pam tell you that the only debris in my yard from the flood was a pre-lit Christmas tree??) LOL
~Allison

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Allison - SO glad to see you back!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am so glad you were blessed and didn not have all the damage your neighbors did and that you are able to help them.

Last edited:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
welcome back, glad you are ok and how wonderful of you to help the neighbors.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
So happy to see you safe and sound. Welcom back!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Welcome back! glad you didn't have major damages. How is Ethan? and your other children?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Welcome home!!

It is so wonderful to see your post. You have been missed.

I think the Christmas tree in your yard was a sign that you needed to come back!!

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Hi Lucie: Ethan is doing well. This summer was filled with lots of counseling from the incident last year, but he has been working thru it. One of the families whose home "washed away" was the family who made the false accusations against Ethan and me. It was karma!

This is Ethan's sophomore year of high school and he has a great schedule. He has classes on filmography and astronomy, which are both 2 of his fav things.

The other kids are also doing well. My oldest just turned 30 in June and he is now a stay-at-home-dad to his 3 girls. His wife has never been the motherly sort and she makes more $$ than he so he takes care of the home and kids.
Son #2 is getting his life back on line. He has made some life choices that were not very good but he is getting back to some stability now by working hard and in time he hopes to get custody of his sons.
And last is our dd. She is in LA working as a receptionist for Vidal Sassoon Beauty Academy. They do all sorts of weird things to her hair and then she is like a "walking billboard" for them. She just told me yesterday that they may be home for Christmas. YEAH!

As for me, I am still doing ambulance work. My crew chief kept me busy this summer with alterations and crafts for her son's wedding and now the couple is expecting in 6 weeks, So, I have been making receiving blankets and knitting. I prefer staying busy.
There, I guess that's all for update.
I am excited to begin the holiday plan and get some organization in my life!

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Hi Mel:
I had to giggle when I saw the tree in the box, all covered in mud, just laying there. Out of all kinds of debris that floated into our park...and "I" the Christmas Nut, get the tree!

CATZILLA

Retire Member
Nov 3, 2010
West Gastonia, NC
Nice to know you

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Welcome back Allison, good to hear from you.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Allison, glad to have you back and thanks for the report about Ethan. I have wondered how things were for him. I love the Christmas tree being in your yard!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
It is really nice to hear how upbeat you are sounding now.