I'm Going to Learn to Cross-stitch

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I decided I want to learn how to cross-stitch and, after talking to a friend who knows how, I was inspired to get to it. We were looking on Ebay and I found one I like so I made an offer instead of just going the "buy it now" route. (New option on Ebay maybe?)

And I won! I need/want more Christmas decorations for my house. ::eek:rnament:

Link to the kit I won - Scroll down for bigger photo

I'm going to get a small kit in Walmart tomorrow because I'm impatient now but I wanted to show you all my Christmas craft. I'm going to learn. :grin:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Cross-stitch is really fairly easy so you shouldn't have any problem learning how. I love that pattern too!

jmgconner

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
Congratulations! I like to cross-stitch, too. It's relaxing - you can sit and watch TV while you stitch. :)

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Good for you! I've done cross stitch for years, but lately (because of little ones -humans and puppies - getting into stuff) I haven't done anything for a while.

It's easy to learn and do. Something you can easily do while watching tv or waiting for an appointment.

Enjoy!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I'm hoping it will be a bit easier to do than trying to crochet with a ball of yard while my two children (almost 1y, almost 4y) are playing and moving around the livingroom.

Just out of curiousity I have to ask, why did so many of you stop doing it? It sounds like you all enjoy it.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I stopped doing Cross-stitch a few years ago when every time I worked on a project I'd get a headache and dr said my eyesight with my current prescription is just fine. The dang holes are just so small it gives me a headache.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I did it when the kids were littler and before I had them. Then my eyes got alittle worse and I moved on to other crafts. I still have several patterns and the material.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I mainly stopped because of time. I always worked on a project while watching tv on winter evenings. I no longer do that because I spend many an evening taking kids to practice or scouts, checking homework, or just hanging with the kids. Some day I hope to start again.