In need of a good cake recipe....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cinnamonstix

Retire Member
Sep 4, 2008
NB, Canada
...for my grandmothers b-day. She turns 90 on Friday and cannot eat nuts or white flour and grandpa can't eat sugar....Every year someone buys them a cake but they can't eat it. So this year I plan on at least making one that they can enjoy along with the one my aunt will buy for the family to share.

So it must include Whole wheat flour and Splenda...be a spice or fruit type cake with no nuts. Wow, am I asking for alot? ;-)

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I googled a whole wheat splenda cake and came up with nothing. You might try something that is gluten free. Can they have ice cream? If so, stick a candle on a scoop or two of ice cream! Decorate it to look like a cake. You might try to google a diabetic site as well. Bless your grandparents hearts!! Tell them some one in Indiana wishes your grandma a wonderful birthday :package: that is every bit as special as she is to you!!

:bigsnow:

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
http://forum.lowcarber.org/archive/inde ... 22403.html

Here's one. Since they use the bitter chocolate instead of milk chocolate, the sugar content should be pretty low.

Nestle also has a recipe for a Flourless Chocolate Cake...it does have 1/3 cup of granulated sugar but you could probably substitute something else for the sugar...see link below.

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Baking-with ... etail.aspx

If you can't find the recipe on Nestle's website, let me know and I'll send you the recipe...it's in one of those small cookbooks that are usually on the newstand as you're checking out.

Cinnamonstix

Retire Member
Sep 4, 2008
NB, Canada
As crazy as it seems, all I had to do was look in the specialty aisle at the grocery store. I found a lemon flavoured~wheat, gluten, milk, and sugar free cake mix. It'll probably taste like cardboard but I'm hoping it's the thought that counts :rotflol:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I'm so glad you found something, cinnamonstix. That was a hard one!! :haha:

:bigsnow:

Cinnamonstix

Retire Member
Sep 4, 2008
NB, Canada
Thanks for all the help everybody. I was ready to make a cake from one of the recipes when I was also told that grandpa couldn't have dairy either. So out went the butter and milk...leaving not alot left to make a cake with.lol.

I mean how do you make a cake with no flour, no sugar, no milk and no butter? :thud:

Darcy

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
How about making pumpkin bread and serve it with sugar free whipped cream? You could put it in a round pan or bundt pan. Use wheat flour instead of white. Splenda instead of sugar. Use applesauce instead of shortening or butter.