Inexpensive good wine for a party?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I wish I knew. My dad and I are going to be going to some wine tasting this week. If I find something I'll let you know.

I've tried asking at the stores but I think the stores around her mostly cater to beer drinkers because their wines they suggest are really bad.

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
We buy a White Zinfindel (sp) wine. It is called Glen Ellen. It is not very expensive. It is alot like Sutter Home wine. I hope this helps.

Christmas3
:package: :package: :package:

momof2boys

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
Do you have a local wine merchant in your area. They have always been helpful for me. If you tell them what you are looking for, including price, they always have great recommendations.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
We have a couple vinyards in our area that have offered me some really good advice in the past and I've always been happy with their suggestions. They are very reasonable too. Do you have any near you?

Jingle Belle

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
Well, I live in the California wine country so we have easy access to good wine in all price ranges. I know that buying wine in other states can be more expensive. I would suggest looking at Costco if you have one in your area. Our Costco always has a good selection of wine. I don't know what your friends tastes are, but Chardonnay is always a good white choice and Zinfandel or Sirah for red. These will make most people happy unless you have guests that prefer sweeter wines. I'm not sure what specific labels to recommend because I don't know what would be available in your area and how things would be priced.

Gidget

Premiere Member
Nov 24, 2007
Boston
I find that there are many affordible Pinot noirs. There is also a red called "Jacob's Creek" that is quite nice. Good luck!
Gidget-