Is there something so fun for you that you lose track of tim

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Yes, there is for me. And I think I am celebrating me - and celebrating life - when I do it. For me, it is gardening. Putting together a tapestry of flowers that appears from early spring to late fall. I plant most in my front yard - so everyone walking by can drink in the beauty. (I know that not everyone has time to garden, or space. But almost everyone loves to see beautiful flowers.)

I have a full, billowing cottage style garden - with perennials that may bloom only for a couple of weeks and annuals that bloom all summer. As many roses of different colors as I can squeeze in - close to the street so they can be enjoyed close up by passers -by. All kind of flowers. When bulbs go on sale for 75% off, I buy bags full. Waves of spring flowers, one kind after another coming into bloom. The tiny snowdrops and winter aconites are already in bloom.

I would much rather buy plants than food (peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are tasty and don't take up much time meant for gardening.) I have no sense of time passing when I am working in the garden.

So this is how I celebrate me. How about you? Have you found your passion yet?

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Anytime I'm scrapbooking, crafting or cooking I completely loose track of time!!! I love working on new things!!! Now I work at waiting for a day to just get lost in it! (Saturday I've got another scrapbooking day where it feels like I've been doing a project for 10 minutes and I look up and the day is gone!!!) Love it!!!!
During the summer anytime we are together as a family--boating, swimming, talking, traveling, or whatever time flies so fast that the whole day is gone in minutes!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
About the only thing I can sit and do for hours without realizing the time is read. If i'm absorbed in a good book, I can sit for hours and felt like i've only been there for a few minutes.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Being on these boards! :love:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I agree with jampss and christmascreations being here at MHH and reading everyones ideas. Also time spent planning events, parties projects for the home, I can sit with my various notebooks for hours and not realize where the time has gone.

SparkleNana I do love to see beautiful flowers but I'm not much of a gardener.

:shamrock:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hmm....these boards for one, reading...and right now, Dance Dance Revolution. lol. My husband bought it for me as a form of exercise since I've been stuck inside most of the winter. It really is fun once you get into it and I can accidentally play for 2 hours. I've never had any form of exercise I actually looked forward to!

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I lose track of time when cooking, reading, gardening, and computing. I have learned to set a timer for things I need to break for.

I love these boards and the creativity and homemaking ideas I get from everyone. I now allow myself 1 hr computing time of a morning over coffee...and one hour of an evening.

I love getting lost in cyber space....a little too much...but I'm learning to temper it!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
For me, visiting this board and my favorite blogs. I also lose track of time when I'm scrapbooking. I love when I am involved in a big organizing project - the garage, the kids' clothes, planning something big - I can work for hours at a time without realizing it.
:party: