It's Here!!! Happy Rudy Day!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Good morning all. Let me be the first to wish everyone Happy Rudy Day. :rudolph: I'm at work so the only thing I can do is go through my planner and visit here. Tonight at home I'm going to address more Christmas cards, watch a few Christmas movies and maybe work on a holiday craft. It's been raining since yesterday and it's expected to continue today into Saturday. Days like these always put me in a cozy mood. I may even make a batch of cookies.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
All my plans for Rudy Day got shot out the window. I'm hosting a movie this morning for some Army spouse's, then I have to take my son to Austin. I'm going to listen to Christmas music while i'm cleaning this morning and maybe drink some hot chocolate. Tonight I have to bake cupcakes for a bake sale tomorrow but i'm going to try and write out the rest of my cards and seal them and then I just have to wait for my stamps to arrive. So, not a total loss I guess.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Happy Rudy Day!
Today I'm setting up my cozy Christmas spot! It's so much fun! And I'm getting my cards done! I have to wait for stamps, but they will be ready! I'm burning my candy cane tart and I'm going to listen to Christmas tunes, shortly! If I have time I'll make a playlist so DH can do a cd for me(or show me how!)
I look forward to hearing about everyone's day! :sleigh:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm putting a turkey in the crockpot covered in Dry onion soup mix. I'll see if my parents want to come to dinner tonight.

I've got my Cards designed, just need to print them out today.

I'm thinking about making a Christmas tree out of a upside down tomato cage if I have any extra garland in my craft box. If I don't, it's a project that will have to wait until next year so I can buy the garland on sale. If I am garland-less, I'll make a small bay leave tree. I have a bay tree so I have plenty of leaves.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Well, I'm not working on Christmas OR Thanksgiving today-I'm working on Halloween!! Actually, I have very little to do today for the party this weekend, because of the rain! I'll be having my Rudy/Turkey Day on Great Pumpkin Day. I plan to make some Christmas Tea Mix and quick bread mixes for gifts, and may try to do a little shopping. I'm watching "Fraiser" right now and it's a Thanksgiving episode. It's cold and rainy today and I"m happy to be inside cleaning and getting things ready in here! Happy Rudy Day, everyone!! :rudolph:

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
I don't really have any Christmas plans for today. I will be working on my Christmas Countdown list...so I guess that counts. The main thing I want to get done today is to get my house back in order. Things can get in such a mess so quick around here. I did not feel good on Monday and Tuesday, so not much got done and the house is a wreck (no one else has thought...Mama doesn't feel good let's help her). But I am feeling better now so I must get to work around this house.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Rudy Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas3
:rudolph: :rudolph: :rudolph:

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
Ahorsesould said:
I'm thinking about making a Christmas tree out of a upside down tomato cage if I have any extra garland in my craft box. If I don't, it's a project that will have to wait until next year so I can buy the garland on sale.
Great idea that I'm going to run with. DH wanted us to get one more season out of the tomato cages I wanted to toss. Now I'm going to use that extra garland I wouldn't toss and make this. Thanks. I'm pouring my energy into decorating the backyard this year and this will definitely help without adding any more money. :lol:

Today I'm working on the tomato cage trees and finalizing plans for a Christmas Cookie Exchange.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Happy Rudy Day everyone!!

I am going to work on a scrapbook that I am making for my sister and get my Christmas letter printed out and put into the cards. My son and I love tea and recieved our order from Stash yesterday with the Christmas flavors, so we are looking forward to having that. I really want to watch Christmas Vacation if DH doesn't mind getting it down from a really high shelf. If not, I will watch Garfield's Christmas - it is already on the DVD shelf.

Have a great day,

Melanie

My dinner plans have been rescheduled for tomorrow also!!! The oldest has a game tonight and there is no school tomorrow. I am starting to feel alot better from my cold that started last week but I still have that nasty chest cough. Hopefully I will get enough sleep tonight (after the world series game of course ;) and will have a little more energy to enjoy the day fully!!

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
Happy Rudolph Day!!

Today I cleaned out the Christmas closet and moved everything to the Elf Workshop (home office). I wrapped some gifts, found loads of seasonal towels and socks that I must've bought for my mom, and put on a Christmas cd. I'm hoping to talk my kids into watching Elf later and having hot cocoa (that won't be too hard!)

I also have a few more cards to sign, then I just need stamps.

Hope you all had a little Christmas cheer somewhere in your day!! :smile:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
christmascreations said:
(after the world series game of course ;)

Who are you rooting for? I'm an Atlanta fan by nature, but after they didn't make it to the play offs, I was for Cleveland, just because one of their pitchers is my neighbor's son! But, alas, they didn't make it to the series, either! I think I have to be for Colorado, because they are NL. My dad would come back and haunt me if I rooted for an AL team!! LOL!

Cathymac said:
christmascreations said:
(after the world series game of course ;)

Who are you rooting for? I'm an Atlanta fan by nature, but after they didn't make it to the play offs, I was for Cleveland, just because one of their pitchers is my neighbor's son! But, alas, they didn't make it to the series, either! I think I have to be for Colorado, because they are NL. My dad would come back and haunt me if I rooted for an AL team!! LOL!

Well since my son plays for the Red Sox in his minor baseball league we are voting for the Red Sox. All of my son's teammates have the Red Sox numbers on their jerseys. It is soooo cute!!! My son is the size of a 6yr old even though he is almost 9 so he is the smallest player out there. Tonight he pitched for the first time (he pitched the final inning) and had the top of the line up and he faced 4 batters. he struck out 2, walked one, and one made first base on a fileder's choice so he pitched a no hitter to end out the game!!! Now he thinks he is the new Josh Beckett...lol

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
GOSH...our first Rudolph Day....here at MHH....hope everyone had a good one!!!

Chinook Girl

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hi All and Happy Rudy Day
I'm just concentrating on getting the house back in order, I did buy my cards this week.
Cathy

qltmrkt

Premiere Member
I worked 1/2 day at work then went shopping with a friend to a fabric store. I bought the fabric for DN/N (nieces and nephews) to make flannel pillowcases. I read a couple of chapters of the OC October book. But not much else. I think I will roll Rudy day into the weekend when I have a little more energy.

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
WATCHED QVC ALL DAY! LOVED IT....I WILL MISS THE NOVEMBER SHOW :frown: I WILL BE ON A CRUISE :grin: