Jan. 3-16 Christmas Recovery Weeks

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Doodlebug - we are glad that you ARE part of this -- and please keep posting!! Everybody -- PLEASE keep posting! We really do keep each other going! Enthusiasm is contagious!

OK -- I am slipping into the LIVING ROOM! Christmas is not PERFECTLY DONE! But -- it is done - GOOD ENOUGH! I work on Christmas all year anyway.... certainly on Rudy Day every month. So I don't want to have everything Christmas too far away!

Well -- you know that dh put together the new IKEA dresser in the living room yesterday. So the room is a shambles! Plus.... the enormous carcass of the old TV is still sitting in the living room from last Sunday. Our plan is to pull the rug -- with the old TV on it -- to the front door -- and OUTSIDE. Dh called and our trash collectors will take it as part of a "special trash pickup". I'm glad dh called them -- I didn't think they would take electronics.

So... I am slipping into our NEXT 2-week section.

AND -- the reward is -- that the First Wednesday Women's Wine Night will be at my house in early February! So -- the reward will be ----- hopefully ----- no last minute panic! Or - is that too much to ask?

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Well I have had 3 days of real life, so now I need to try to kick it in the butt to finish my upstairs. I loved the days with family and friends but I feel my motivation slipping! Can't have that, so need to come on site daily for a boost. glad everyone is trying to stay motivated too. Was hoping for a long dreary winter to keep up with my cleaning, but as of this morning we have no snow, so am starting to hear the outside calling... am hoping for a few more storms...

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I got everything done on the first week list. Yay!!! I can't believe I did it. I didn't stress over falling behind, I just did what I could each day and I did better than Ithought I would. Thanks again to MHH and all the help from this family.

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
I didn't get this posted yesterday, but the first week is done! Thank you notes were made Friday and filled out and mailed yesterday, right on time!

Bring on Part 2!!!

You all are doing great!

Christmas Recovery:

Organize and clean out bins :

[x] Living room decorations
[x] Dining room decorations
[x] Kitchen decorations
[x] Basement decorations
[x] Stuffed animals
[x] Ornaments

Take down decorations:

[x] Living room
[x] Dining room
[x] Kitchen
[x] Basement
[x] Outside lights and decorations

[x] Take down and toss out tree
[x] Update Christmas card list
[x] Stack boxes awaiting closet clean-out
[x] Boxes to attic

[x] Thank you notes made
[x] Thank you notes written and mailed

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
haven't been on in a few days because of family crisis... I am pretty much done but still have to repack the Christmas ornies... doing that tonight!