January 08 Great Pumpkin Day!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
How does pumpkin bread sound? Just a mix - jazzed up with canned pumpkin? And, while the oven is working - maybe bake apples too. Both are good with whipped cream! Wouldn't the house smell great? Round it out with more comfort food for dinner - meat loaf, peas and baked potatoes maybe. Candles on the table! A cozy way to celebrate a day of working on Great Pumpkin Day projects. :party:

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
Hey! Jackfrosty, I have decided on my GPD project! I am going to make a SUPER GIANT spider web for my house. you know the kind they have from the top of a house to the ground? saw it on a sight and decided to make it. not sure if I am going to make it to fit my entire garage roof with a giant spider to go on it, or have it from top of house to ground. I think the garage roof would be cool, then I could put a spot light on it somehow(theres where dh comes in). I will need a TON of rope, so I need to see how cheap I can find it. I have even seen that you can dip them in something and have them glow under a black light...too cool! not sure I am up to all that, but we will see. I will definitely post pics come halloween, so I am dedicated to finishing it. It may be the only project I have for each GPD from here on out! :thud: I will let you know how I am progressing, first thing is to find rope, cheap :slap:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
SparkleNana-you just listed my DH's favorite dinner, except that he likes mashed potatoes with his meatloaf! And pumpkin bread and baked apples for dessert sound heavenly! I think I just found my Pumpkin Day meal!! I was planning on doing chili, because that's what we always have for Halloween night, but he has been asking for meatloaf, so....I think he'll be a happy little camper!! Thanks for the ideas!!

jodilee10128

Retire Member
Oct 23, 2007
This year I'll actually organize all my decorations. Having them all in one box makes so much more sense. I think I'll even check out the stores, some still have Halloween stuff on clearance. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!

I also have lots of pumpkin carving stuff that I should properly organize. I think the inevitable is coming......gonna have to make a Fall Notebook.

***SIGH****

Oh well what's ANOTHER notebook to have kicking around to organize my crazy life???

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yeah! GPD is almost here! Sure gotta lot to do for it... just putting my tear-files in order is a big order! :boo:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Tear-files? I wish I had tear-files!!!

And photos from last year's outside decorations!!! I wish I had those too!!!!

Those sound like very good things to work on :rain: this year!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've got TONS of tear-files, but no pictures of decoration.... but I'd like to put together a scrapbook of halloween past pictures so that people can see which costumes I have to lend them... and also to see how the kids are growing up... :hat: