January 2011 GPD

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
January 2011

It’s Haunted Plans month. This is the month to declutter and get your Autumn/Halloween notebook ready for a new year! Print out planner pages or organize your tear files. With Halloween followed quickly by Thanksgiving and Christmas sometimes the notebook/planner gets neglected. This is the month to get it in order and ready for a haunting new year!

Great Pumpkin Day List: Time to plan the year. Find some cute autumn paper and create a GPD list with some ideas to try each month. Use the ones listed here at Magical Holiday Home or create your own custom list.

Great Pumpkin Day will be here SOON!!!

:dracula:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Will have to take My Halloween Notebook out. I think I had all my plans for my crafts (but need to buy supplies) and I have to start looking at costumes.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I want to host a Monster Mash dinner party (like the one in Sandra Lee SemiHomemade magazine this year) I should start picking up items for each place setting, but first I need a list!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I don't know that I need an entire notebook, but I have collected several, no make that many, craft ideas that I need to organize.

I wish the boys wanted a Halloween party. I have such great ideas rambling around my head.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Colleen- I'll have to look that up because I decided after last years Boo Bash...that I was going to do something different in 2011 and came up with the idea of having a "haunted dinner party" If I am going to pull it off...I need to get busy planning NOW.

Kim Loves Snow-even if they don;t want a party maybe you should have some "haunted suppers" during October...even if its just your family...and your regualr dinner...you could spice it up a little using some of the party ideas you have been thinking about...

Don't forget GPD is Monday!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Kim I just have one of those folders with the clear cover for my autumn planner. Next to Christmas, this is the only other time I decorate and like to have a nice gathering with friends to celebrate the season.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I would like a Harry Potter team party with different rooms representing different classes. I made a list last year of all that needed to be done and maybe I should go over it. I know DH said no more Halloween party but I can still have fun :)

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
My Spring / Halloweeen notebook is barely anything at all! Basically some pieces of paper shoved in a clipboard LOL! So - I would like to work on that.

As for Halloween, it's never been a big event for my family. My prep usually involves making sure I have lots of treats for trick or treaters. That's it really. I would like to have a littie family party with my girls, now that they'll no longer be babies. Then it would be a nice tradition to have something each year with their (future) cousins and
school friends.

Besides... it's so much fun to dress up :)

Annye

Retire Member
Jan 26, 2011
My First GPD

My baby isn't a baby anymore (15, 16 by halloween) but since I just found this site, I'm going for it anyways :)

Today I have down -
* Start Halloween/Fall notebook, I'll probably start simple with just a few sections for decor, meals, activities
* Go through my calendar and write down tasks for each GPD during the year

By the time he has kids of his own, I should be the rockingest grandma around, given how many years I have to figure out pre-planning these amazing holidays throughout the year LOL

In peace,

Annye

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Colleen- I'll have to look that up because I decided after last years Boo Bash...that I was going to do something different in 2011 and came up with the idea of having a "haunted dinner party" If I am going to pull it off...I need to get busy planning NOW.

Ginger - the party was based on classic film monsters (Dracula, Wolfman, Invisible Man, Frankenstein, Cretaure From the Black Lagoon, Bride of Frankenstein, the Mummy...and I'm missing one more) Each place setting was decorated for that particular monster (fake fangs and a tube of blood on a white plate for dracula...red lipstick and a compact for the Bride, etc.) and all of the dishes tied in somehow...Creature from the Black Lagoon Salad, Dracula's Bat Wings, etc. The place cards were actually little easels with reproduced miniature movie posters. It was really neat - and a fun way to have a Halloween dinner without requiring people to come in costume (since our friends would NEVER, sadly!) Let me know if you can't find it &/or want more details!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I actually FOUND my Halloween/autumn/boobash notebook while attempting to organize some stuff.

My camping club usually does a halloween rally and DH and I already have some potential costume ideas. I think I'm going to look into making the food more halloween-ish this year. I have some old magazines to go through and I hope I can find some recipes.

Debbie