January 2012 It's Christmas Notebook Month

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I noticed people have been working on examining what worked and what didn't work....now it's time to get busy cleaning out the old and putting in the new for Christmas 2012.

Let's purge old sheets that are no longer of use or archive them somewhere. I am going to treat myself to a printed Christmas Notebook (they are exspensive...I hope I can still find the site...they had so many kinds I'm not sure which one I want.) I'll post the link later when I find it again..This will be my "treat" this month!!

Anyway....back to things to do

1. Purge old sheets

2. Add new sheets

3. Update any 2012 lists if you bought stuff on after Christmas Clearance

4. Update address list

5. Start a list of elf ideas that you saw this year but just didn't get to do.

Rudolph Day Lists for the year:

Make a little list for each upcoming Rudolph Day....Follow the RULE of THREE....1. One Fun little thing to do. 2. One Organizing thing to do....and 3. One Take Action thing!!

:rudolph: DON'T FORGET TO POST YOUR PROGRESS AND GIVE SOME TIPS!!!

Last edited:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Great list!

I have already removed all the 2011 things from the "working" part of my notebook. Some things, like menus and gift lists, I have put in a plastic sleeve in the "Christmas Past" section at the back. The rest I have put in recycling.

I am considering getting a new notebook. The one I have is a very simple binder, and is more school like then festive. Still works fine, so it will only be replaced if I see one which I really love. The dividers do need to be replaced though. They are getting a bit old and the punched holes aren't really holes anymore lol!

My address list needs a couple of updates - still need to do that!

It's a great idea to note three things for each Rudolph Day too. Love the Rule of Three!! :)

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I've changed my Christmas notebook into a notebook for the entire year, with separators for each month, crafts, menus, etc. The address list is updated, the gift list for the year is created, the craft plan is created. I just have to organize my wrapping supplies and I'll be as done as I can be right now.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I've been working really hard on my notebook.

I have removed all the old sheets and now I'm replacing them with new sheets as I come across a task. So far I have added:

* 2012 Monthly calandars (added wrapping party dates)
* new HGP worksheets
* 2012 budget sheet
* 2012 party budget sheet
* Master gift list
* master shopping list
* menu for Christmas Eve (along with grocery list and recipes)
* baking planner sheet (along with recipes and supplies list)

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I've taken out 2011 pages and will print and put in 2012 on Rudolph Day! This is one of my favorite things to do!!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I have removed the pages for 2011 and put them in my NB of Christmas past. Printed out new calendar pages and gift & stocking stuffer lists...nowi just need to update them with the goodies I picked up o sale after the holiday. I also need to go through the 2011 magazines again and tear out what I want to keep...I usually save that for a Rudy Day treat.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I did a lot of stuff this year but my notebook was quite disorganised. I am intending to get it sorted out this month, so that it is in much better shape when I want to get started in late August with the HGP. And keep track of year round bits a bit better too.

Printing off the pages at this time of year, and setting up the lists now, makes so much sense! Thanks for posting that suggestion Aggy.

I have already updated the presents spreadsheet (created a new worksheet for 2012, although I have almost nothing to add into it yet), but the rest are all awaiting attention.

I also need to put a reminder into my electronic diary (work), to check on tickets for the Santa Train in early June, as this should be the year we do it and DD was asking about it again before Christmas, so I'd better make sure I have those tickets! (They are generally released in June, and gone by early August! So I need to be on the ball there).

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Right now my notebook is a large 3-ring binder. I'm wondering if I should also have a "current" year and "past" notebook? Will I be able to maintain that way? Nah--I know me--I'll just keep my great big one.
What I need to do, though, is CHRISTMAS it up more.
I've discovered in my scrapping that I really like "bling" on my pages. A LOT. LOL So I will use some Christmas paper and make a new cover and maybe even my Cricut to make some letters and make it "mine".
I have today off. I have errands to run early in the day, but hopefully I don't get bogged down in them.

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I started working on my notebook, cleaning it out etc. I decorated mine with scrapbook paper last year and I used an old Christmas card set in the middle. It came out nice. I think I'll make a new cover this year for it though. Just for a change. Mine is a big three ring binder.

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I have a small 3 ring binder I use for the current year. This last year I didn't use it much, this year I hope to change that. Will need to print new forms and get things together on Wednesday.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I don't think I've used an actual paper notebook for Christmas planning for at least a couple of years now.

My thumb drive goes with me everywhere (and I need to back it up more often!!!) and it contains all of my lists, calendars...everything!!!

I save all documents relating to Christmas each year into a sub folder for that year. To jumpstart new documents I just save each one with a new name (the year being the variable) and make any edits to the new working copy as the year goes along.

I've been doing this in one way or another (at first supplemented by a printed binder) for about 10 years now and it just seems to be the best way for me.

I love the idea of a printed and bling filled notebook - but it would sit unused too much of the time with my lifestyle right now!

Loving the ideas on things to update, be thinking about, etc. !!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
AuntJamelle, I need to think about doing mine this way as my USB goes with me everywhere as well. I have a journal I bought about 6 years ago after Christmas that was actually a Christmas gift pack with it, a photo album, and an address book. It functions as my Christmas notebook.