July decluttering club.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We have started to think about what we will be taking to the farm when we go. We had a lovely hallstand but no where to put it. I advertised it this afternoon on a buy, swap, sell group and it was gone with in the hour.
Really want to maximise decluttering in the next 12 months before we leave.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Well, I went to the basement to get platters for today's company and couldn't find a single non-Christmas platter. I must have decluttered all of the regular ones. Sigh... I'll be on the lookout for them now.

Yesterday I went through the books in the living room and found a few to give away. I also tossed the outdate sales catalogs. Dd found a few video games to give away too.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dh put some furniture on Marketplace: A Large zebra print chair that was stepmom’s. I have loved it since I was a teenager but we could not find a place for it. She came within an hour of it posting With a car that looked too small. Dh and I had gotten it to the living room for her and she just picks it up herself. Got it to her car and put a scratch in the door. Dh then was helping her when DS shows up and got it tucked in so the door would shut. Half an hour later she texts a photo of the chair in her home with a cat that looks like our twillow sitting like a king on his throne. So the chair has gone to a good home. We have several other items all with several people wanting it but all on vacation. We told them first person her gets the item. We do not want to hold things since people tend not to show up. One guy wants the bedroom set and will have his wife bring help to load it before he gets back from vacation. So big items are leaving the house over the next few days.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have to make a decision about our bed. Do we buy new side rails for this one or do we get a new bed? I guess that is decluttering somehow! Lol

I don't have much decluttering to do, but I do have some shifting of where I store things. I'm sure some things will go when I start doing it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have to make a decision about our bed.
We are doing the same at the moment. We will purchase a new mattress before moving to the farm as the options in our current town are better. I am wondering about a new bed with the drawers under for extra storage. Our bedroom at the farm is very small and I am thinking the extra storage will be useful.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We are doing the same at the moment. We will purchase a new mattress before moving to the farm as the options in our current town are better. I am wondering about a new bed with the drawers under for extra storage. Our bedroom at the farm is very small and I am thinking the extra storage will be useful.
I think that would be a great idea! One can never have too much storage space.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
She's fun to watch about organizing ....

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Yesterday a wonderful lady picked up two large dressers, a full size bed frame and a large mirror. It had been in our family for 72 years and now will find it's home in a house over 100 years old. Perfect match. I have one full box ready to go to goodwill. And am gearing up to declutter a lot of notebooks. This is far too many and most of them I do not use. Planning to get rid of over half of them.IMG_3863.jpgUpdate, cleaned out 8 Binders. Tossed and shredded what I could.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Ok, my goal for the rest of the year is to clear the junk, the unused, and organize the space (recroom/bedroom/beathroom/laundry) so it can be better ised.
It's great to set goals. Even though we are half way through the year we still have half a year to go. It's not too late to start. We also have HGP and HHP plans starting in August/September that will give us a nudge.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
2 large shopping bags of craft bits and pieces and quite a few made crafts have gone to the church fete.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
DH and I were cleaning the back porch and he noted how we have too much stuff and he is right. Except he gets annoyed and wants to throw everything away I want to have a yardsale then donate . I did add some stuff to a yard sale box and cleaned out the table in the living room. The lid lifts and I have random magazines and old bills there so they got tossed.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
DH and I went through our clothes in the closet and pulled a bunch of clothes that are stained, don't fit or we just don't wear anymore. The stained-up shirts will be turned in rags and the rest will go to the yard sale and what doesn't sell will be donated. Between him and I we probably cleared 25% of the clothes in eth closet.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Starting my pre cleaning for HGP. Cleaned all the closets, laundry room , pantry etc on the first floor. Had a car load of stuff for the thrift shop. Got rid of my “church lady” roaster. I’m sad but honestly I can’t remember the last time I used it. I have a lot more room in that storage space now.