July GPD

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I'm not sure many of us will get around to doing anything for GPD with a ll the CIJ activites. But if you do manage to get anything done please tell us about it.

I didn't do anything on 13th which is my usual GPD but I hope to get something done before the end of the month.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I am growing things for my fall display this summer- sunflowers, pumpkins, mums, corn and wheat. :pilgrim: The DH thinks it is very funny that I have these items staked "Thanksgiving _____" "Halloween ______"

We have one trick or treater this year, and I just need to finish his prop for his costume.

I also need to plan a small get together for the teenage boys at our home (semi-scary movie, treats and tricks)

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I posted some funnies on my blog on the 13th

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
We will be getting ready to move on August 1st, so I am going to try to get something done earlier. I am hoping to check out all of the blogs that some of you have.

:party: Melanie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought a witch cauldron at the 2nd hand store!!... well maybe it used to be a spitoon! :rotflol: ... no actually I think it was a flower pot... it's copper with wrought iron handle and legs (small size).

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I didn't do anything on the 13th, however, yesterday I did buy the Autumn in the Country cookbook by Gooseberry Patch at Hallmark and it has lots of great recipes i'm dying to try and helpful tips and ideas too! I'll be looking through that repeatedly and sharing recipes and such on my blog.

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
I gathered my first jar for my witch potions! A nice alfredo mason jar, too. :pilgrim:

I've been mentally gathering other glass containers. A wide honey jar is almost empty and DH just pre-ordered a second -- so I'll hopefully have two ready by Halloween. I thought I'd pull a Martha Stewart and make Mad Scientist Veggie Specimens (featured in more detail on the Martha's Halloween Ideas DVD) in those. Grape "eyeballs" and cabbage "brain" sound most excellent.

*insert evil witch cackle* bwaahahah fuahaha bwahaha! *Simpsons Mr Burns hands* :grin: ;-) :grin:

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I purchased a GREAT book at the used book store today for...$1!!!!! It's Country Living's Halloween and it ROCKS!!!!

I have been going crazy looking for Halloween invitation ideas and their were three really simple cute ones that my 6 yo and I will make...well one of them! And then it had cute cute little tiny flower pots painted like candy corn with a little bag of candy corn and other halloween candy...a little cellophane bag...tied with orange pipe cleaner and little name tags....so CUTE!

Also, the most simple idea to layer an orange and black coctail napkin on opposite angles and fill with treats and then tied shut with black licorice and then a little plastic spider is on top

then there were black and orange felt pillows...so cute!

a white tablecloth with pumpkins stamped on and then with orange, black, and white rickrack fringe

and great recipes to boot! Try to find it!!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I purchased a GREAT book at the used book store today for...$1!!!!! It's Country Living's Halloween and it ROCKS!!!!

Well done Holidaymama! I love books about Halloween but the ones I seem to find are kids ones.

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
I'm watching The Witches, gearing up for GPD! It's going to be a fun one, full of mad scientist, Book of Shadows, witch potion, etc crafts (at least more planning...).

ETA: You can have a taste at my blog: Autumn Harvest: July GPD Plans

:batty: :jack:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Oh, I'd love to see that Country Living Halloween book. I have an old issue of the magazine in my fall book, that I keep going back to every year, just for the pretty pictures, if nothing else!

Mrs. Soup-I have that GP book, too! It's some kind of wonderful! DH bought it for me last year over Labor Day weekend when we were on vacation in Eureka Springs, AR and Branson, MO...I sat by the pool while the family swam reading fall recipes and decorating ideas! I had the best time!! LOL!! Not everyone can relate to that, but I'll bet this bunch can! LOL!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I really need to get my kids to make the final decisions on what they plan on being for Halloween. Only three months away and no one has given me the final word on what I have to make yet.