July Turkey Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I can't believe it's another Turkey Day. Somehow it sneaked in during Christmas in July!!

It is hot here so I am not doing anything in the oven today. I'll probably make my old stand by 'Turkey Roll-Ups'. These are turkey lunch meat wrapped up in lettuce, not the stuffing kind. Need something cool with lots of veggies for today.

Day before yesterday I made my favorite Pecan Pie. I use the recipe on the Karo Syrup bottle. And yes, the pie is gone since last night. Did I say it was my favorite. I thought it would make it to Turkey Day. I should have known better. I did share a few pieces with my family.

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
I love Turkey Day! We aren't having turkey tonight, but just thinking about Thanksgiving make me all giddy.

However, our local grocer has turkey breasts on sale this week for .88 per pound, so I am going to buy a couple for the freezer.
:friendly: :friendly:

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
To celebrate Thanksgiving, I'm heating up a kettle of tea, about to read more of Ursula K Le Guin's "The Dispossessed." If you're interested, I posted some of my favorite meditative poems on my Autumn Harvest blog in honor of Turkey Day.

:turkey: