Jump Start January 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
For 2010, I am proposing that we follow a two week rather than weekly plan for our Jump Start Cleaning. I believe it is more realistic if we plan on doing in REAL indepth cleaning per room/area. While it is true some area like foyers etc may not take the full two weeks I think it will allow some "catch up time" and more time to keep up with regular cleaning while also working the plan.

For this project I will post the 2 Week plan and we can adapt or change as we need for the rooms of our own homes. I'm going to start it the Week of Jan 4th BUT the first two weeks of the plan will be Christmas Recovery....lol.....I'll post some sample to do lists etc and then each person will tailor them to fit their needs.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT CHRISTMAS.....see you for JUMPSTART JANUARY!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks Ginger! I like the 2-week plan too! what with all the 'life' things that happen it will be more realistic for me at least.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Me too, loudou! I think Gingerbug has a brilliant idea! TWO weeks per room is much better than one week. One week can just get away from us so easily......

AND -- the first two weeks -- being devoted for organizing Christmas stuff -- that just gives us two more weeks of Christmas fun! (And sort-of general house pick-up, if we need it. I need it.) This really maes January part of Christmas!

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I like the two week idea as well.

I know I have a hard time doing a full in depth clean in only one week what with craft projects and everything else life throws at me.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
We started that at Our Home for the Holidays this past year. It worked really well for all of us. And really, gives you more time to focus on the deep cleaning. I really, really liked it better then the 1 week plan.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Two weeks is probably a little more realistic for some people, me included. I look forward to starting in February when I am back from my honeymoon and getting settled in my new to me home.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Thanks Ginger! I'll definitely be participating more this year and I agree with having a 2 week period per room. I'm in a much smaller house now, so I think I will use any extra time to just plain "catch up"! LOVE IT!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well I noticed last year that we started JumpStart January with a BANG and then one by one fell off the wagon (me included). I like the room a month approach and treid that for most of 2009 but then that's almost TOO much time....keep putting stuff off until the month is gone....so I'll put the schedule up after Christmas and we will take it from there!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Get ready girls....the schedule is going up next week.....I know all of our houses are different but you might consider keeping to the schedule as much as possible...I think there are some benefits to all of us being in the same room at the same time....as we share ideas, discuss our progress etc....I know that's not going to happen for all of us....I don't have a dining room so I can't very well do it...but as much as possible if we stick together I think we will be better for it!!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Sounds good to me!

sallyj08

MHH Member
Feb 5, 2008
I can't wait to get started. In 2009 I really fell off the wagon. Christmas was stressful, the house was not where I wanted it to be. I have high hopes for 2010.

This week I'm getting my daily cleaning lists set up for Jan-Feb-March. I'm also going to gather recipes and plan a loose menu for the first quarter. I'm tired of eating out, tired of living in a cluttered home ... I'm just plain tired.

Here's to 2010!

Thanks Gingerbug!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Yes, count me in. I think my house is really ok, then notice things like cobwebs and dust that have slipped by me! LOL!! So..a plan with all of us working together sounds fab!

Oh, boy!! New lists to make! New plans! New ideas!! Yes, bring it!!!

dancingelf

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
West Virginia
Yes!!!! Brilliant idea, Gingerbug! I really think I can do the two weeks per room plan. Life just seems to get in my way so much that it's WAY too easy for me to fall away. This is a wonderful way to make it happen. I am committing to stay on track the best I possibly can this year.
Looking forward to the list! And, THANK YOU for leading us.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Get ready girls....the schedule is going up next week.....I know all of our houses are different but you might consider keeping to the schedule as much as possible...I think there are some benefits to all of us being in the same room at the same time....as we share ideas, discuss our progress etc....I know that's not going to happen for all of us....I don't have a dining room so I can't very well do it...but as much as possible if we stick together I think we will be better for it!!

AGREED! My house now is even smaller than before, but I will stay with you all!

Berta

MHH Member
Dec 30, 2007
LOVE the idea of two weeks per room...SO simple and obvious...why didn't I think of it before??? With so much of my time dedicated to teaching and tutoring, I always fall off the wagon by the end of the first third of any cleaning plan I've ever tried, both here and thru OH. We jump right into final exams as soon as school resumes, so its good that we have 2 weeks to clean up after the holidays...I'll need it! Thanks for the idea, lists and leadership, Gingerbug! :)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Count me in!