JumpStart January Week #1 List Week & Front Porch

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
Planning on finishing most of this today

Finish removing CHRISTMAS! Done

Make a "to do" list for each list on your schedule. Walk around the house taking your lists with you. Write down EVERYTHING you would like to do in that room...if you don't get to it this go round...you'll have the list for the next round. Done

Clean the light fixture. Done

Remove all things from the porch and put them away. Done

Sweep the porch. Done

[ ] Sweep down the walls and get rid of cobwebs.

Look at the hedges and the beds around your front porch. Jot down notes or ideas for spring plantings. Done

[ ] Replant containers with impatience.

[ ] Replant around water feature.

[ ] Put some bleach in water feature.

Dust/wax bench. Done

[ ] Polish front entry doors.

Clean door hardware. Done

Now check out the drive way. Is there trash that needs to be pitched or stuff that needs returned to it's home? Done

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Good Job Everyone.....here's a suggestion....if you didn't quite get to everything on your list....put it aside for now and move on to the next week BUT don't throw away that list yet....keep it filed and then when you have a catch up week or a week when we are doing a room you don't have....pull out those unfinished ones and get them marked off!!!

Just remember...what ever you accomplished....even one thing....it is progress and we will just keep plugging away.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
jampss said:

Week One: January 13th List Week & Front Porch

[ ] Clean the light fixture.

[ ] Sweep the porch.

[ ] Sweep down the walls and get rid of cobwebs.

[ ] Wash the windows

[ ] Trim hedges

[ ] Front Door: Needs cleaning and then ... oil or something??? Looks dry.

[ ] Celebrate your hard work by getting a new rug or wreath for your porch. Or make one if you are so inclined.

Hopefully, I can update this list and say DONE!

:jumpinghearts:

[X] Clean the light fixture.

[X] Sweep the porch.

[X] Sweep down the walls and get rid of cobwebs.

[X] Wash the windows

[X] Trim hedges (gas trimmer ... my arms still ach!)

[X] Front Door: Needs cleaning and then ... oil or something??? Looks dry. (used baby oil!!)

[X] Celebrate your hard work by getting a new rug or wreath for your porch. (Got out old reed wreath that I was gonna give away ... and it looks nice!)

So, wooo hooo! I did it all today with the 'help' of the 4 yr. old. ::eek:rnament:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
That is awesome.....its freezing here....I still want to put up some Valentine Decor on the front porch...maybe it will warm up a bit soon!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thanks, Ginger.

Just viewed Evans pics on your page! Adorable!!!!!!!

:jumpinghearts:

It was 33 degrees in Florida this morning ... hmmm ... must be WINTER!
:bigsnow:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Here's my before and after's-hopefully you can tell the difference!
http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh15 ... 761a41.pbw
The basket on the wall is for outgoing mail-I still have work to do on the Laundry room end but I'm happy that because everything has a place it is much easier to keep tidy!
I tried to put this on my blog-but I can't figure it out! If anyone can give me a hand could you PM me?TIA!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Great before/after shots! You did wonders with that room. It will bring a smile to you face in the morning.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Laundry Room is definately a problem areas here too....when I get to it on the schedule....I hope to make as much progress as you did....
I fold clothes in the family room or somewhere else also....and then they end up sitting there....LOL.....will be a lot easier to fold them in the laundry area!!!