JumpStart January Week Two: Questions and Living Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jaznic

Retire Member
Jan 15, 2008
Victoria, Australia
www.recipetalk.com
I'm doing our bedroom this week as we don't have a living room per se....

and I've had a really bad migraine for four days this week, so I am a bit behind, but I plan on spending today catching up!! Here we go....

[ :bunny: ] Vacuum under bed
[ :bunny: ] [ :bunny: ] Clean two side tables
[ :bunny: ] Dust TV equipment
[ :bunny: ] Clean skirting boards
[ :bunny: ] Clean light switches and power points
[ :bunny: ] [ :bunny: ] Clean two lamps
[ ] Hang portrait
[ :bunny: ] [ :bunny: ] [ :bunny: ] Clean 3 windowsills
[ ] Photograph room for insurance

Better go and get started before I fall a week behind!!!!! :)

ETA: Not bad for an hour's work!! I'm glad I am feeling better today!! :)

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
1. Do I see my home as "family friendly". How do I balance "looking nice" with functionality?
The least family friendly thing we own is a glass top coffee table-but the price was right and I've got lots of glass cleaner!LOL! A place for evrething and everything in it's place makes it easier for family members to keep things looking nice!

2. What are some ways I can enlist the help of family members on a regular basis with out becoming a "nag"? We are inattentive ADDers here so nagging is a HUGE issue! I want to post a chorechecklist for DS's. The holiday one was a good start but DH doesn't abide by it so I have to exclude him.

3. How involved is my family in planning the set up of our home?
DH does all the carpentry, etc. So he is very involved in that stage. I try to observe what works for the kids and then let them know what I'm planning-tey are usually excited to see the finished product.

4. What type of activites take place in each room?
Toys take place EVERYWHERE! I recently put a toy ban on our bedroom, however!

5. What would my ideal home be like?
A place for everything and everything in it's place. Everyone having a retreat of their own, within the house.A second bathroom upstairs. A garage workshop for DH(he works in the basement now and its really not the best solution!

I hope to finish the living room/family room today but DS has a hockey tournament so it may have to wait until tomorrow.

cleanupgirl

MHH Member
Dec 30, 2007
Gingerbug...those are great questions! Actually, it's quite funny because we are getting new windows in the house soon and DS's room is going to have much smaller windows which means he will have more wall space. We will be redoing his room. I had some ideas about it, but when talking with DS about "his space" and what he wanted to do in his room I discovered how way off base I was! It was very enlightening and so I decided that from now on a consult with the family about our spaces are actually imporant and not just to go with my own decorating ideas.

I do think our home is family friendly, but I think there are spaces that should be more condusive to fun...so I'll be thinking about that as I reorganize.

Looking good and functionality I think go hand in hand. Everything in my home follows that rule. DH is more utlitarian than me, but I like to make sure rooms have style and function.

As far as enlisting my family's assistance...geez! You mean they're supposed to help? :slap: I'll think about that a bit too. I guess I could make a chart. Basically what I do it yell for help when I can't take it anymore :rotflol:

My ideal home would be one where I could relax and enjoy it the way it is and not feel like there is a room that needs to be redone or reorganized. To achieve what I've been striving for over all these years. I think I'm getting close though.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Whoo Hoo ... got started last week, but finished with couch this afternoon! I love this schedule. It keeps me from just 'thinking I ought to do it" ... to actually 'doing' it! YEA!!

::eek:rnament:

Week Two: January 20th Living Room

[X] Clean ceiling fan
[X] Clean windows (inside only)
[X] Vacuum under sectional couch
[X] Organize entertainment center
[X] Vacuum sofa and loveseat
[X] Vacuum carpet

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
Got it all done today except the baseboards...and DS15 said he'd do those for me tomorrow! So we'll see...

Week 2: Living Room

[ :heartbeat: ] Clean ceiling fan
[ :heartbeat: ] Dust quilt rack and shelf
[ :heartbeat: ] Change quilt on rack
[ :heartbeat: ] Wash windows
[] Clean baseboards
[ :heartbeat: ] Clean fireplace doors
[ :heartbeat: ] Vacuum couch and chair cushions
[ :heartbeat: ] Dust
[ :heartbeat: ] Vacuum

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
All done...finally!! DS15 did not do the baseboards... :thud: I did them today, but at least they're done!

Week 2: Living Room

[ :heartbeat: ] Clean ceiling fan
[ :heartbeat: ] Dust quilt rack and shelf
[ :heartbeat: ] Change quilt on rack
[ :heartbeat: ] Wash windows
[ :heartbeat: ] Clean baseboards
[ :heartbeat: ] Clean fireplace doors
[ :heartbeat: ] Vacuum couch and chair cushions
[ :heartbeat: ] Dust
[ :heartbeat: ] Vacuum