June 2021 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Happy Half Way to the Big Day!
There was no hostess for June so it was decided to:
Watch your Favorite Christmas Movie and post about it.

I have two favs-
One for Hilarity- Christmas Vacation
and
One for Sentimentality (and also Hilarity)- A Christmas Story

A whole weekend ahead- I think I know what I'll be watching!

What is your favorite Christmas movie and why?

Annie

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I love A Christmas Story for so many reasons....we always watched it at home, it's funny and so very relatable.

Elf is just so funny and reminds me of fun times with my middle school students.

I like The Polar Express because it is magical and I love to see the amazement in the children's eyes when they watch it the first time.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am watching Hallmark Mystery Channel. They started the Christmas in July Christmas movie marathon today. I had a game cupboard to clean out and it was the perfect thing to do while making sure all parts are accounted for. Cupboard looks so much better.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Happy Rudy Day!!!

How does one choose???

We always like to watch Christmas Vacation. All three of our children can almost quote it word for word. Then, there's Christmas Story. It's just a classic. I was pregnant with DD28 when Home Alone came out. I thought I would to into labor laughing so hard. She was born on December 11th. And, of course, we have to watch Charlie Brown Christmas...and Rudolph! I miss them coming on television every year.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I love the classic White Christmas with Bing Crosby.
Holiday Mom not many know Holiday Inn, I like that too. Christmas in Connecticut (black and white) always makes me laugh. Great old movies.
Elf is a classic I always enjoy.
Prep and Landing is cartoon I enjoy. I like how they show helping Santa out on Christmas eve.
Oh and The Santa Clause. There are so many

I will be putting on Hallmark channel for Christmas in July.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy Rudy Day. A favourite movie. That is a tough one. Will think on it

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
And another favorite is always the Little House on the Prairie Christmas episodes.
I loved Little House on the Prairie when I was younger. Laura was a particular favourite of mine.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Ooooooh! All of the above are GOOD! The only musical DH will EVER watch is ... White Christmas! LOL Home Alone, The Preacher's Wife (The Bishop's Wife - B&W oldie), The Muppets Christmas Carol, Scrooged ....

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I love the Bishops wife (1947 B&W). And Miracle on 34th street (1947 B&W) with Maureen O’Hara and John Payne.

Laurie, I forgot about the king family. I think bing Crosby did some family Christmas shows too. Will have to look for them online.

I haven’t watched anything as we were out of town so maybe tonight.

My favorite ginger bread recipe. It works well in muffin tins too.

Miss Rosa’s Gingerbread

3 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup melted shortening
1 cup molasses
2 eggs
1 cup boiling water

Sift flour, spices, and soda. Stir brown sugar into melted shortening, add molasses and eggs. Beat well. Add dry ingredients and hot water alternating, beating thoroughly after each. Pour into greased pan (10x10). Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.

From the Culinary Arts Institute Encyclopedic Cookbook. 1976 Edition.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Ooooooh! All of the above are GOOD! The only musical DH will EVER watch is ... White Christmas! LOL Home Alone, The Preacher's Wife (The Bishop's Wife - B&W oldie), The Muppets Christmas Carol, Scrooged ....
I love Muppets Christmas Carol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Hoping to catch up with some Hallmark movies.

I think that I have decided that my favourite Christmas movie is ......no, can't decide.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i watched christmas with the kranks one of my favorites. other favorites are home alone 1 and 2 we watch them all year around. i like polar express also

Last edited: