June Turkey Day Blessings or what I'm thankful for

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm thankful I can enjoy the companionship of the people on this board. Sometimes there are so many negative people who only complain about the holidays (some of them just complain about every day). This board keeps me going so when I'm around those negative people I can keep my spirit always in Holiday mode.

I am very thankful for each and everyone of you.

What is your blessing today or what are you thankful about on this June Turkey Day?

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I'm thankful that we all woke up this morning, and that we have another day to enjoy together!
I'm thankful that it rained yesterday and I didn't have to water the flowers!
I'm thankful that I was able to wake the little boys up to let me in the house after I locked myself out when I went to walk!
I'm thankful that my ankle was feeling well enough that I could walk!
I'm thankful that it's only 7 weeks until school starts-I counted!
I'm thankful for my family and friends, both personal and cyber!!

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I'm Thankful for ...

My Savior.
All of the children that attended VBS today. It has been an amazing week!
My friends and family.
My daughter (soon-to-be born) and for her birth-mother who is such a blessing to us.
For each of you and the joy you bring to me when others are begrudging about the holidays.

:flower:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
What a beautiful thread.

I am thankful for the richness of love - in all its many forms and manifestations. Love from family members - from the oldest, long-beloved to the youngest precious baby. And for the precious friends, who are the family we choose. And for the special friends on MHH, who make the world warmer and more beautiful, by sharing their lives with us. "heartstrings:

corgigirl

Retire Member
Jun 28, 2008
I am thankful for...
* our cozy home
*these lazy days of summer
*a happy marriage of 25 years
*and healthy and loving families. :applause:

mom24hr7dz

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I am thankful for my wonderful husband
My two great children
for God and all the blessings he has given.
Also for just being alive and it being summer break and being able to have the summer off to be lazy and enjoy with my family.
and all the great people on this site.

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
I had to bump this thread and share a story about something I'm thankful for:

Small acts of kindness (not "small" at all!), like the generous gentleman at the mall last night who kindly walked to different cars back and forth with his sturdy, huge umbrella so several people could have relief from the rain. Normal umbrellas were no match for the wild storm and it didn't start pouring rain until closing time. I was personally soaked from head to toe because a cloud unzipped as I was walking to my car. Even though I knew exactly where it was, I couldn't even see my car. After a huge bolt of lightning cracked nearby, I abandoned the parking lot and sought shelter in an emergency exit area where several other people were stranded (some frightened back inside like me). This gent's kindness helped several of us gather the courage to go back out there (even those of us who were soaked; he insisted, saying he didn't want us to catch pneumonia) and make it home safely. Truly a nurturing shepherd among men, like another person who brightened our spirits by jokingly shouting to the storm "Let my people go!" :haha:

:rain:

Just "ordinary" folks doing extraordinary acts.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
It is nice to know there are still gentlemen in this world.

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
Mmm-hmm. And gentlewomen, too! :flower: