Keeping a Roasted Turkey Breast Warm

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
All you masters in the kitchen, I need help.

I am going to roast a whole turkey breast, then I am going to the movies. Right after the movie, I am going to dinner where the above turkey breast is the main course.

I need some suggestions for keeping it warm and moist while I am at the movie.

The only thing I can come up with is: Putting my crock pot on warm and keeping it in there. Then, after the movie I can swing by and pick it up.

I also thought about the idea of keeping the oven on warm and keeping it in there but I don't like the idea of leaving my oven on while I'm not home.

Would like to hear your ideas!

Annie

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Annie are you cooking the turkey breast on a work day or the weekend? If you're doing it on the weekend you could figure the movie time into the cooking time. Meaning time the turkey so it will be cooked about the time the movie ends or you should be home. Hope that makes sense.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
girlismo- It will be today, Saturday Jan. 2nd.

Annie

sew-n-sew

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2008
Do you have a crockpot? Put it on low with broth to cover. It's not safe to use the warm setting for more than 2 hours between putting it in and eating.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
sew-n-sew- Thanks for the advice. I never thought of that with a crockpot.

I ended up not having to keep the turkey breast heated- we canceled going to the movie.

Oh my, though- the turkey breast turned out SO WELL!

I can't believe I am just now discovering this! It should have been in my bag of tricks for a few years now!

Annie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Can you share how you did it Annie? I've never done a turkey breast either but would love to!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
MrsSoup- I posted a thread all its own to how I roasted the turkey breast.

Annie