Kitchen Witch

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
Does anyone have a simple pattern for a Kitchen Witch. I don't sew---at all. I have looked and haven't found a lot on the web.

This is the best one I found, but I am unsure of how much fabric and just can't visualize how to get going.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/crafts/msg120126539427.html

Kitchen Witch
Items needed:
* metal gingerbread man cookie cutter
* spanish moss
* black felt or bought felt witch's hat
* orange material for skirt
* thin orange ribbon
* black material
* glue
* trim
Directions:
1. Fold black material in half, cut a slit and slide over head.
2. With thread, sew a running stitch through the top of one edge of the orange material and gather around the waist. Stitch in place.
3. Glue orange ribbon over the stitches. Cut pieces of ribbon long enough to be suspenders and glue in place.
4. Glue spanish moss to top of cookie cutter.
5. Glue witch's hat to spanish moss. Or, if using black felt, cut a circle the diameter you wish the hat to be. Cut a wide triangle of felt, wrap to form a cone, and glue to circle. Glue to spanish moss.
6. Glue desired trim in place.

There is a pic in the link.

I also have found several of the Kitchen Witch poems.

I would like to make them for my witchy party.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
The corn husk witch looks good!
From what I can see you are dressing up a cookie cutter to make it look like a witch, so if your cookie cutters (gingerbread man shape) are not big you just need scraps of materials.

I don't have a pattern but I do have a witch I made, way back when, in the kitchen. I used a vase which was round but with a long neck. Then I drew (freehand) a witch dress on paper - 1 piece -& cut it on material (no, arms are not apart & attached - too complicated). Then I put a sytrofoam ball at the end of a long pencil which I inserted in the vase (that's the witch's head). Glued some black felt for eyes & mouth. Put a piece of wood for nose & glued red doll hair on haid. Finally I made a witch hat & glued that on top. It was easy and it still looks neat after all these years.

I have a small picture I'll post here in community so you can see what I'm talking about.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
luludou, I love your witch, she really turned out great. I just may make one too. I think a 1 liter bottle will work for the body too if you can't find a similar vase.

Printersdevil when you are signed in, if you click on the community tab, then onto pictures & albums, you can see and post pictures.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Sorry wasn't clearer printer'sdevil but Jinglemom explained it well.

Yes a 1 liter bottle would work out well too.