Kroger

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I was in our Kroger and they have two seasonal eggnogs, that I had not seen before. They have a Gingerbread one Yummy love this one and a cinnamon. Have any of you seen either of these? I made French toast with the gingerbread one this morning. I just substituted the eggnog for the milk
Just prolonging the season :party:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Oooh, those do sound good. My kids would love the french toast. I was going to run to Kroger tomorrow, I'm definitely going to look at mine!

ChristmasMissy

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Georgia
I don't like eggnog but I bet I would like it in the French Toast.....lol My mother LOVES eggnog so I try to pick some up for her in December as soon as I start seeing it in the stores...hehe

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
That does sound good! I use eggnog in my Christmas Eve bread pudding, along with donuts! I'll bet the gingerbread or cinnamon would be great in bread pudding. I may try that for January family breakfast!! Thanks for the heads up!!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
My oldest DS loves eggnog! I'll definitely have to try making french toast with it for him next year. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a gingerbread eggnog -- thanks for the tip!

Grannyloveschristmas

Retire Member
Jan 3, 2008
South East of UK
Hi sorry to sound so dopey but I keep reading so many times about eggnog. Is it something you can make or is it bought ready made? Where I live the only thing called eggnog is advocaat (sp?) which is alcoholic and can be diluted with lemonade to make a snowball. This can't be the same thing can it?
Has anyone a recipe they wouldn't mind sharing with me please. I feel as though i'm missing out! :frown:

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
Eggnog is a egg based beverage made with eggs and milk. It can come in either alocohic or non alocohlic. Some like to drink it warm. It is a traditional Christmas drink. In the last few years they have been offering different flavors. I have heard of chocolate, in some places, caramel, gingerbread, and cinnamon
If you scroll down to the very bottom of this page where the links are, there is one for eggnog. Click on the link and it will tell you more. :bigsnow:

Grannyloveschristmas

Retire Member
Jan 3, 2008
South East of UK
Thank you for the info coffeenut. :bigsnow: I have been so busy reading all the posts i didn't realise there were click thro's at the bottom of the page. :slap: Have found several different recipes. I think i'll use the Rudy Days to try different ones. I can't wait!

Will investigate the others now!