Last minute easy V-Day gifts for DH - added photos

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jmgconner

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
DH and I are getting the weekend to ourselves - especially nice since Baby #4 is due in just 5 more weeks. We aren't doing anything big for Valentine's Day because of the weekend, but I wanted to do a little something for him. I came across this terrific idea of using a deck of cards: Deck of Cards Reasons Why I Love You.

I thought for sure I had an extra deck of cards around the house, but nope - my decluttering session got rid of them. I found a box of print-it-yourself business cards. I first printed the pink swirl design that I got here on the front and back of the cards. Then I typed up 52 reasons I love him (one per card). A hole punch and piece of ribbon later, I had my own little stack of cards to give to DH. I also made a little bag to hold the cards.

You can view the booklet here.

And a page from the booklet here.

And finally the simple bag is here.

Now, if I would have had more time or thought about it sooner, I know you can order blank printable playing cards - I would have liked to have done that and then had them laminated.

-------------

One other cute idea I found is a candy bar bouquet - like one seen here. It seems like this would be a great DIY project. I'd securely tape long wooden skewers to the backs of the candy bar and stick the other end in styrofoam (placed in a pot or vase) - add some colored tissue paper for filler. Not sure if I'll get around to this idea, but I like it better than just handing over a bag of Snickers or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups to DH.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh, wow! Are both these things toooooooo cute! Thanks!

bunnylove

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I love that idea with the cards. Hmmm, that might translate well to a good Father's Day gift for my DH: 52 Things that Make Him a Great Dad. I have enough time to do that for June. :)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
That is such a great idea!! I think i'll do 52 Reasons Why I Miss You.

jmgconner

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
Oh, I like the idea of using it for Father's Day, too! It's getting my wheels turning - maybe let the kids draw a background photo on each card before I print the reasons? It was my intention a few years ago to start a Father's Day journal where I would write a note to DH about being a great father, listing what each child is doing, and let the children draw, write notes, etc. I started it, but umm, I've missed a few years on that one. Ooops.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Oh wow, this is perfect for me to tailor for Mother's Day. I've been searching for something special to do for my mom. Thank you so much for the idea!!! :pink:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Oh, the possibilities! I love, love, love this idea. The Dollar Tree has decks of cards 2/$1-I can see a great 10th anniversary gift for DH in October...kids' can make my Mom one for Mother's Day..they can make their Dad one for his birthday in May...I can make my niece one from her little guy for Mother's Day or her birthday or Christmas...Christmas gifts for best friend and other family members...I'm adding this little jewel to my Rudy Day craft list--starting in February!! Thanks so so so much!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Love this!

Father's day, mother's day.... some from me , some from the kids, ....

Fantastic crafts- thanks for linking!
I'm going to make lots of these for various family members and a couple of close friends. So many possibilities! I have a ton of blanks in my ATC box- so I could use those!
Oooh- thought of another one! My son may be only 12 but he has the same sense of humour as me- so I'll make him one with silly/ funny things on each page to make him laugh.
Oh- and another! My daughter loves books that give you little challenges- so I could do a set of 'one thing to do each day' challenges for her.
I LOVE this!!!
Off to scribble down some ideas before I forget!
Thank you!

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Thanks for sharing. That would be a great gift this year. Me and my hubby are together
for 30 years in August. ;-)