Leftover Cranberries

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

christmasallyear

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
from Thanksgiving. Every year, it's the same. The leftovers are gone but I'm left with about a cup of cranberries.

Any ideas?

;)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
You can heat them on the stove, cut with a little apple juice if you would like (I prefer not), then serve as a sauce. On breaded porkchops or chicken cutlets it's very good.

A recipe I like:

*Spread dijon mustard on porkchops or chicken.
*dredge in bread crumbs- I've even used shake and bake seasoned crumbs. If you do this, don't use the bag, simply put the seasoned crumbs on a plate and pat the meat in the crumbs. It gets kind of tricky with the dijon mustard.
* Pan fry in a skillet
* Serve with the heated cranberry sauce

I usually make this sometime during the fall.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
pintrest :) I am sure there are a tun of ideas for a little bit of cranberries. I do'nt use them but have a few recipes to consider this year.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
whole cranberries? use them to decorate with. dry? cookies. Jelly type? on a sandwich.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I like cranberries added to muffins, I chop them up first and add to the sugar part of the muffin mix before the dry ingr.

Some birds like them too if you just want to add them to a feeder, or a suet mix!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I like mashing the cranberries and adding them with 2 T. of orange zest and 1/2 cup orange juice to 2 cups of vinegar. I shake it and add 1/2 cup oil and make a cranberry vineagrette for salad. Very yummy with leftover turkey and pecans on a bed of greens. The vinegrette will last for two months in the refrigerator, but you have to let it come to room temperature, shake and use.

christmasallyear

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
I like mashing the cranberries and adding them with 2 T. of orange zest and 1/2 cup orange juice to 2 cups of vinegar. I shake it and add 1/2 cup oil and make a cranberry vineagrette for salad. Very yummy with leftover turkey and pecans on a bed of greens. The vinegrette will last for two months in the refrigerator, but you have to let it come to room temperature, shake and use.

Why didn't I think of that!? That is such an easy way to use up some leftovers!