Leftover Turkey Assignment

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Now is the time to gather together some leftover turkey recipes AND make your shopping list so you will have the items needed on hand for a quick dinner.

My three for this year:

I'm going to use Lisa's recipe with turkey instead of chicken:
http://catholicmomof2.blogspot.com/2010/08/baked-cheesy-chicken-penne.html

I make Hot Brown Sandwiches always! It is as wonderful as it sounds:
http://southernfood.about.com/od/kentuckyrecipes/r/bl10424b.htm

This is my old standard recipe for leftover turkey:
Turkey Sauerkraut Fry Up

Canned sliced potatoes, drained
Small bag of sauerkraut (or a can, not drained)
Leftover turkey, chopped
Butter

Fry the potatoes in butter, turn when browned. Dump on the sauerkraut and turkey. Heat until hot. Eat and enjoy. You may put some brown sugar on the sauerkraut if you’d like it a little sweeter.

Serves two if small eaters. For my and my dh I double the recipe.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Having not been able to do much I have been watching A LOT of Food Tv and they are doing a lot of Thanksgiving specials and I've seen some yummy left over options. Just go to their website and search for Thanksgiving leftovers to see what they have.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I don't ever have any left over to make anything with. Last year we ended up making 2 turkeys and sil still took most of it home with her. Kids will pick at it for a couple of days until its gone. With me not liking turkey at all thats fine with me

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We make two turkeys, too, but have little left. Most of it ends up eaten as sandwiches which our entire family loves.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
The one bad thing about eating out on Thanksgiving is ... No Leftovers! I do love left overs and like to make Turkey and Corn Soup. Oh, well! You can't have everything!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Plan for leftovers

Buy your leftover turkey fixings when you are out getting those last minute Thanksgiving items. Do you need extra bags or containers for storing/sending home leftovers? Toss them into you cart. Do you need extra paper towels, toilet paper or foil?

Is you turkey defrosting?

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I rarely have leftover turkey - but I do love it!

Thanks for the reminder of containers, that is one thing I must add to the list this year!