Life Makeovers - Cheryl Richardson Week 1

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ok, I'll try to be like Sparklenana and give you an overview of this book.

It is '52 practical & inspiring ways to improve your life one week at a time'.

Luckily I found this link where you can read chapter one (they are all short chapters with an exercise to do) .. I haven't looked at it all but it seems to be almost all online! Great!

http://books.google.ca/books?id=-MX...resnum=4&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Week one: 'Love yourself first and everything else falls into line' Lucille Ball.

It's about taking time to reflect on what we have done 'right' over the last year.

I'll be working on my list this week, will you??

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'll work on my list, luludou!

Annie

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
I have had this book for a while and decided to revisit it this year there are lots of great self nurturing ideas in it.

Set aside some time to reflecton all you've done right this year by considering the following questions

What qualities have you strengthened?

Have you shared an act of kindness or supported others in some way?

What special memories have you created with those you love?

What have you achieved or accomplished, Consider personal and professional.

TAKE ACTION CHALLENGE

Buy a journal and record 25 things you are most proud of this year

Take the time to acknowledge your accomplishments and celebrate your success.

Hope this is of interest to some of you.

Pamelajane

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I will work on my list this week...maybe blog it...!!! HMMMM

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
This might be a good thread to move to the Celebrate Me forum!

I am going to look for this book!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Me Too!!!!!

I looked this up at Barnes & Nobles' website -- it looks doable! It looks like it could be really, really rewarding - if you DO the work! Cheryl Richardson says the MOST IMPORTANT thing is to have a partner or group to work with --- and Viola! Here is the group! What a fabulous opportunity!!

Now...... I think we need to get a "death grip" on this project. Nobody.... and nothing.... can tear our hands off this goal!!!! Life is going to throw A LOT at all of us this year! And... some weeks we are going to do BADLY...... but we keep our grip on this goal and we keep on keepin on!

I am going to read the first chapter online...... and write the 25 things in a journal!!! AND..... I am going to get the book too!!!!!!!

GOOD FOR US!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Sparkle, if you get the book I'm sure you are better than me to handle the discussions here each week. Just let me know when you get it... I'm not very good at this sort of thing.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Luludou ..... you are not only doing great -- you got the whole thing started!!! You get HUGE kudos and applause! Why don't ALL OF US on this thread do the discussions? You know, we are ALL going to have bad weeks...... Luludou, on the days that you commented on our last book, those days were MUCH better than the ones when you didn't comment! We really need everybody's input!

I just id the daily comments on the last book because I felt guilty spending the money to buy it impulsively!

As I see this Cheryl Richardson book -- it is going to depend on all of us really doing the work -- if we are going to get the benefits! It doesn't look like BAD work..... it's just that real life happens and we don't get to it!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
This looks really interesting. I'll have to take a look at it. Thanks for sharing!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I ordered the book today from B&N. It should be here by the end of the week. I can't wait to get started.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Went to the library to get the book.....but they only had an audio version on CD...so will see how that works for now...

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
"Life Makeovers" by Cheryl Richardson. the first chapter is on line -- when you go to the Barnes&Noble.com site -- you can read the first paragraph.

I am going to read it again. There is an assignment. We are supposed to list 25 things that we like about ourselves. Right now, I can't remember if they are things we like about ourselves in general ---- or if they are 25 things we did last year that we like. anywa -- I see that this is a very interactive book. Meaning -- we got to work to get results! sigh!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Sparklenana- It's 25 things that you accomplished last year that you are proud of.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm having a hard time with my list... can't seem to find anything!!

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
FYI...for those interested in buying the "Life Makeovers" book...amazon has used ones starting at low prices..books are in good condition and delivers in a few days....hope that helps...

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
luludou -- I'm having a hard time coming up with things too! And -- I think that is her point! We DO NOT give ourselves credit for good things we do!

I love to garden -- and I have been thinking about good things that I helped to happen in the garden during the year. (Like - finally learning that the native white asters are not weeds. And - if I don't pull them out -- then they will bloom in huge white clouds of flowers all through October and November! It is amazing to see little flowers live that long. And - it is because they are native to this area and developed to withstand this weather!

I think this may be a tool to help us learn about ourselves --- what kinds of things are we proud of?

Anyway - I need to reread and reread chapter 1. Luckily it is on the Barnes&Noble site -- because I don't have the book yet!

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
Sparklenana....I think you are right about us all contributing to the discussion for this.

I had the book a while ago and this year before this thread was started i had thought to myself that i would revisit it so i am thrilled to have others to offer support and share ideas with, which is one of the suggestions in the book !

As i have the book i am more than happy to do a summary for that week and let people know what the suggested Take Action Challenge is if that would help.

I haven't written my list but here are some of mine

Despite a tough year financially and other stresses i feel that i still created a loving happy home for my family.

Taught myself to Crochet

Began singing Alto in the Church Choir

Read a lesson in Church.

Wrote and gave a speech at the Retirement of my childrens Headteacher at school who happened to by my Headteacher also!

Supported a friend through the breakup of her marriage

Supported my sister in law with her etsy shop, organised a party at my home so she could sell her knitted items.

It's a start anyway!

Pamelajane.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks for your help PamelaJane... and your ideas help

- I have helped support my brother when he lost his 7 yr. old daughter

... I'll come up with others.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I made my list of 25 things I did right....and even feel proud that I completed the week one action....I posted mine in a note on Facebook and tagged some others to encoruage them to do the same thing...

The library didnt have the book....they did have the book on CD ...havent' had a chance to listen though....so hopefully I can follow along witht he threads here...because I am trying not to buy books.