Life Makeovers Cheryl Richardson Week Four.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
Sorry for the delay in posting this weeks challenge, real life happened!! You know how it is!

THE CHALLENGE.

This week we are introduced to the Morning pages, this is something used by Julia Cameron in her book The Artists Way. It is an exercise to connect your head with your heart by writing about how you feel.

TAKE ACTION CHALLENGE.
Choose a thirty day period and commit to writing a minimum of three pages every morning by hand. Hold this time as sacred and see it as an opportunity to connect with your inner wisdom-your wise self. Don't worry about what to say, punctuation, spelling, being brilliant, or whether or not you can fill the page. Find a safe place to keep your journal where no one will find it, and simply write. When you feel as though you have nothing to say, just keep your hand moving anyway- you might be surprised at what shows up.

I have done this before, it took me a while to just let go but it's worth persevering.

Pamelajane.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I decided that i'm definitely going to attempt the 30 day challenge. I'm not sure how long i'll last doing handwritten pages (I like typing better), but i'll manage. I have a notebook hidden away in my drawer (I think), if not I have a box full of them in the closet. I'm starting tomorrow morning.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I started the writing challenge yesterday and only got about a page and a half (journal page). I figure each day i'll hopefully be able to write more and more.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
A few years ago I decided to do this for an entire summer. It was a time of astounding insight and growth. I really stuck to my goals. This was when I was teaching so summer mornings were mine. With work so early in the morning it has been hard to do morning pages- I found it took about 30-40 minutes to complete them.

BUT- I want to get into them again! Hopefully this thread will help me!

Annie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
This morning I got a good 2 pages in. Towards the end I ended up using the statements she uses in the book, but I finished the statements honestly and learned something about myself.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I have no doubt that daily writing can be VERY helpful. Make us more insightful etc etc....BUT I knew right away that this challenge would not be something I could do or manage over long term...AND I am a writer...I write in journals, notebooks, blogs etc etc....PLUS the group Im leading over at Facebook that's working through the 52 weeks...just unrealistic for us...so for me I will wite EVERY week of the makeover...and I will also pick another challenge...and that is JUST DO IT....there are many plans I have, think up etc...but somehow transfroming them from mere thoughts to ACTION is something i have a great deal of trouble with....so that is my challenge for the year...

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
I have not been able to do this one , had a low week last week and just didn't want to do anything. Hoping for a better week this week.

Pamelajane.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I did well the first 3 days and then life happened and I didn't have time in the mornings. I think i'm going to broaden the time so I can write any time of day when I have a moment to do so. If I end up writing about events, so be it, at least i'm writing something.