Life Makeovers-Cheryl Richardson Week Two

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
Hi All

I hope that i am not 'treading on anyones toes' but as i have the book i thought i would help out and post the weeks challenge.

I will do my best to summarise what is written to give you an idea of the Theme and then i will post the Take Action Challenge.

NEW YEAR/NEW YOU
Last week we celebrated our accomplishments and goals, this week we are challenged to set a new kind of Goal.
'Instead of thinking about the things that you would like to bring into your life throughout his process, or the things that you would like to get rid of, do something a bit different. I'd like to suggest that you set an INTERNAL GOAL , one that focuses on how you'll develop yourself personally or strengthen your character during the next year.'

'As you strengthen youself from the inside out, it's as if you were brightening your internal light. As this light shines brighter, you'll probably find that you begin to attract opportunities that support your external goals'

What quality would you like to develop more of over the next year? How do you need to grow?
Here are some examples:
This year i intend to:
Become financially responsible,
Be patient,
Be more loving and kind
Be better able to set boundaries and say no,
Be open minded,
Be grateful,
Be trusting and faithful

Take Action Challenge

Using your journal, take some time this week to write about who you are at this time in your life in relation to the quality that you would like to develop. This will allow you to review your progress over the year.

Once you have chosen your quality write a positive affirmation in the present tense relating to the goal.
Print the affirmation on a piece of paper and hang it.
Choose three actions you can take during the week to begin developing this quality.

Hope this helps, Good Luck everyone, i'll check in regularly and see how everyone is getting on.

Pamelajane

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
This is a good one.....I'm going to relate it to my word for 2010....serendipity

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Week Two: New Year, New You!

"The world rewards those who take responsibility for their own success."
Curt Gerrish

The purpose of week two is to single out a goal to embrace and work toward in 2010. This goal should be internal in nature. One that will help you develop personally or strengthen your character. There are several things you can do with your goal. Post in around your house (next to your mirror or put it on your desk) to remind yourself to "live" your goal. You can also journal about where you are in relation to your goal or set three small action steps each week that will move you forward with this goal. Some examples of goals that fit the criteria are things like: Be more adventureous, or be open minded, or be grateful etc. This reminded me of our custom of picking a word for the year. So I will focus on my word for the year in my journal entry.

My Goal: Serendipity...recognize it, live it, embrace it.

I have started seeking quotations or ideas that examine or embrace the idea of serendipity. One that I found most profound was ...

"One aspect of serendipity to bear in mind is that you have to be looking for something in order to find something else.”

Think about it...as we journey through life we must continue to be an active participant, we must continue to explore and grow....you can't find an "unepxected outcome" if you aren't looking at all. In other words LIVE!!!

In the past I did not always embrace "unexpected outcomes"....I mean who does ...REALLY.....if you have your mind and heart set in one direction and something totally unexpected happens...I think it is hard to really "see" the unepxected outcome as something positive...(and of course sometimes it isn't) There are many times though when the outcome is just what was needed....something better in some way then what we thought we wanted or were searching for...So in 2010 I will be open to the unexpected...I will work toward letting my mind be flexible...rather than being fixed on one possible outcome...I will try to be open to many...And I will embrace the unexpected...and rejoice in the depth it brings to my life!!

It's your turn now....YES...it's the end of week two....time to set that goal or word or whatever..POST about it here in this thread...or on Facebook......PUT it in your status please, if you're not a note writer...pick a quotation or write something of your own that reflects your word or goal....OR if all else fails...just post your word....loud and proud in your status....or blog about it...or write a note...BECAUSE....week three is here and I'm about to move on to the next "make over"...!!! Join the FUN!!

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
Thankyou for your post Ginger, i was beginning to think i was on my own!!

Your post was great, really thought provoking.

My word for the Year is Health, some of this is including exercise but for me last year i became very stressed so i am looking much more at Health around meditation etc.

I'm going to look for quotes now ...love that idea.

Pamelajane.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Don't worry Pamelajane you are not on your own... my words are courage, patience and I agree with you Health.... inner health is very important.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Pamelajane-
I'm with you on the Health and the inner health bit. Since being diagnosed with cancer, I have read so much how stress and imbalance contributes to having cancer and also how you heal from cancer and reduce your chances or reoccurance.

So, I'm all about keeping stress low. My life literally depends on it now!

In the past, I think I stressed about things at work that really just don't matter. Now I feel differently. I have felt stress upon returning to work, so I must be conscious of those old feelings sneaking back in. But, at least now, I can recognize when I am starting to worry about things that in the grand scheme of things, really don't matter at all.

Annie