March 2024 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We had Veterans of America come out last week and picked up 10 bags of donations. Threw out 3 bags worth of stuff, gave away a bunch of stuff and I have 2 more bags for donations already.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Way to Go Minta!
I have 4 or 5 medium size boxes ready for pick up next week! I think I am done decluttering and then when I go through house I "find" more. More likely I just decide I really don't need or use the item. Wish I could be more ruthless.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Way to Go Minta!
I have 4 or 5 medium size boxes ready for pick up next week! I think I am done decluttering and then when I go through house I "find" more. More likely I just decide I really don't need or use the item. Wish I could be more ruthless.
Thanks, but unfortunately my mom passed away last month and she had been living with us for 16 years due to her health. We were to pass along her medical equipment to one her younger sisters who is also having health issues. We donated her clothes and other knick knacks she had after my kids went through and took what they wanted to remember her by. She was a pack rat for sure LOL. in the process we took a hard look at stuff in the house/garage (which is a total disaster). We have my fathers and my MILs stuff in our garage and they both passed away 2/3 years ago. We are making hard decisions to let a lot of this stuff go and keep only the things that have meaning to us or that we can use and have a place for. We have a goal to have the house, garage and shed decluttered/purged by the end of summer.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Minta, I agree when someone passes and we have to look at all their stuff we do reevaluate what we have. So many things to deal with that bring up emotions. I am decluttering again.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tidied the study. Tossed some old papers into the recycling. 1 Frisbee, 6 tennis balls and a KONG gone from the dogs toys. A souvenir pair of chopsticks, various paper napkins, a can cooler, drinks parasols, birthday candles and shot glasses are gone from the buffet.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Organizer came today to help with the pantry. I thought it would take four hours so had two 2 hr sessions set aside for it. At 2 hours we were 3/4 done so she stayed another hour to finish. Had one bag of trash which was mostly empty plastic bags that all the new container wrappers. I am thrilled. She comes again on Monday but now I have to decide on what area next. Dh did mention he wanted to work on his new room his RC cars are in so maybe that room next. Several shelf units that need my stuff to find a new home.B1990177-895E-4505-92CD-495EEB19EB0E.jpeg385C907F-8F24-4C87-9392-F42CD6A7B4AA.jpeg

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Organizer came today to help with the pantry. I thought it would take four hours so had two 2 hr sessions set aside for it. At 2 hours we were 3/4 done so she stayed another hour to finish. Had one bag of trash which was mostly empty plastic bags that all the new container wrappers. I am thrilled. She comes again on Monday but now I have to decide on what area next. Dh did mention he wanted to work on his new room his RC cars are in so maybe that room next. Several shelf units that need my stuff to find a new home.View attachment 3009View attachment 3010
Looks Great!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I'm impressed Diedra

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Also I can't declutter my house since I'm still at the hospital, but I have been working on decluttering my 2023 photo files. I've seperated them by subject and now I'm purging extras. I don't like to leave all those duplicates in my photo files. By deleting the ones I don't like or 10 shots of the same subject, it's way easier when I go to develop them for scrapbooking.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Everyone is doing so well with organizing. It lifts one spirit when our things have a home and we know where to return it.
Michelle, you are doing well to go through your pictures and purging. I did that last year with print photo. Lots of duplicates.
Diedra, pantry is looks great.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Also I can't declutter my house since I'm still at the hospital, but I have been working on decluttering my 2023 photo files. I've seperated them by subject and now I'm purging extras. I don't like to leave all those duplicates in my photo files. By deleting the ones I don't like or 10 shots of the same subject, it's way easier when I go to develop them for scrapbooking.
I’m so sorry you are still in the hospital. Continued prayers for you, your family and those who are caring for you.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Dierdra, the pantry looks amazing. You are doing so well.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I took my decorative baskets and some wall decor and lanterns to the farm yesterday. Not decluttering per se. They have just moved location. Bought back a lot of linen that we have been using at the farm, it will go to the church fete next month.
Next time we go to the farm we will take some of the not often used appliances, juicer, dehydrator etc.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Futon gone, bookcases gone, some books are ready to go to Airman's Attic that will get at least one more major contribution.
3 organizers that no longer worked went to recycling.

Got the name of a furniture consignment place so will call tomorrow and see if they will take some of our other stuff.

Feel like I am making progress.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My bed skirt has gone to the pile, I found a new one in the farm linen cupboard yesterday.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Diedra love it!
Debbie you are doing great!
Katrina looks like the move is coming up soon

DH took dd's old computer to get it fixed so he could use it - they say it isn't worth repairing... so one more item out of the house

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
LOVED the pantry @Ahorsesoul

My sister went through some bins in her garage at my gentle urging! I took the de-cluttered items in my van and will donate for her! We organized and cleared and repacked and the shelves in the one area look GREAT!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Organizer Came this morning for another 3 hours. We worked in the big room in the basement. Today was mainly sorting and grouping boxes of items. At least now it is organized do we can work with it. She gave us assignments. Next time she can come will next next month. If she has a day open up she will fit us into the empty time slot. I have picture frame to weed down and Yoko’s paintings to sort into keep and sell groups. The get rid of pile might go to the high school for reuse of canvas per the organizer. Will see if they want her art books. We tossed a ton of Yoko’s practice and classroom work. Rolls and Rolls of it. Most of the boxes and bins on the right side of the after photo are empty.

A set of card table chairs will head to the thrift store or Dh will put on Marketplace. The back of Dhs SUV will be dropped off at the thrift store Along with a small color TV. And two large trash bags of paper went to the recycle bin which was picked up just a few minutes ago.70DF2B26-E65C-49E7-841E-4B1313766FFA.jpeg1B148483-7C47-4B17-B04E-C705FA07D996.jpeg