March Rudolph Day!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
This month Rudolph Day falls on Sunday, March 25. As always, celebrate that day, all month long or any day that works for you!

In March the movie selection will be announced on Rudy Day by Saquilla and the focus for this month is "Books & Movies." Take the time to inventory your Christmas books and movies (I keep a current list in my purse in case I run across a good buy during the year!) or take the time to watch a Christmas movie or read a Christmas book. Or, do something totally different of your own choosing. That is the beauty of Rudy Day - it's all about your own little celebration!

Happy March!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
the focus for this month is "Books & Movies." Take the time to inventory your Christmas books and movies (I keep a current list in my purse in case I run across a good buy during the year!)

Happy March!

I keep my lists with me, too! I am on the lookout for Miracle on 34th Street (original) to include in my Christmas boxes...I need 6, so I need a good sale! I already picked up The Polar Express after Christmas for $5 each!

I NEED a little Rudy time this month!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Colleen last year I did get Miracle on 34th at $5 on Amazon... maybe it'll come around again. If I see it I'll let you know :)

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oooh... exciting! Time to start thinking of movies to nominate!

My four year old discovered the christmas box last week. So we've had Dora's Christmas Carol and Barbie's Perfect Christmas on high rotation. It's about time I made a list of movies to get lol!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh, don't worry. Dora and Barbie will not be featuring in this month's movie selection :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I, also, am needing some extra "Rudolph Day" time this month!!!! There has been very very little snow this winter! And.... I have missed those cozy days.... when you have time to prepare for snow.... and then get to enjoy... some special time "inside".

And now.... the "lots of tornados season"... is supposed to hit had in May in the USA..... and instead..... it hit really hard at the beginning of March! Things are getting "stranger and stranger"... weather-wise!

Some really nice "Rudy Time"... will help me to feel... more grounded!

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I keep my lists with me, too! I am on the lookout for Miracle on 34th Street (original) to include in my Christmas boxes...I need 6, so I need a good sale! I already picked up The Polar Express after Christmas for $5 each!

I NEED a little Rudy time this month!!!!

I just saw it on amazon for 1.27 plus shipping 2.98

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I can't believe Rudy Day is this Sunday.

My mom bought me a 4-movies-in-1 pack from Walmart and one of them is a Christmas movie. Can't remember the name right now, but I will be watching it for Rudy Day.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Today, I "reactivated" a thread in our "Budgets and Bargains" section. It is called something like...."Getting Used To Spending Less For Christmas". Lots of thoughtful posts and good ideas!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Happy March Rudolph Day Everybody!!!!!

Today is a "cozy" day. Grey, rain on-and-off all day. This is a good day for.... "thinking" about Christmas. For the past few years.... the LESS work-and-worry that I have to do in December.... the more wonderful enjoyment everyone has! Partly.... this is accomplished by spreading the work (decluttering & organizing).... and the finances.... over the other months of the year. And partly..... this is accomplished.... by "simplifying" things. Doing "less" of everything. Choosing the most meaningful, fun things to do.

I'll think about those things.... today.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Happy Rudy day! happy Rudy day!!
don't have much planned, will go as the day goes

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Happy Rudy Day!!

I love that it is on a weekend this month.

I am going to watch Christmas with the Kranks this afternoon.

I didn't have time to watch it during the holidays and I missed it.

Have a great day.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Happy Rudolph Day Everyone!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Happy Rudy Day! The rain finally stopped but it's still grey and a little chilly. Perfect weather for staying in.

Other than watching Christmas movies, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Maybe I should go over to OC and read March's Rudy Day tips to get some ideas.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
HAPPY RUDOLPH DAY!!

Not sure what I am going to do today. Would like to work on some cards, or at least come up with a design! DH is still away and I have lots dvr'd to watch before he comes home so not sure if I will get to watch a Christmas movie. I'd like to go thru my notebook also, haven't looked at it in awhile :)

Enjoy your day!!

MaryE

Retire Member
Feb 14, 2012
Richmond, Virginia
new Rudy Day photos for you

Hi friends, well I posted the wrong link earlier, please try this one instead: www.scraps-and-quilts.blogspot.com. I posted some photos of movies and books we love here at our house. And I posted a picture of Rudy and his girlfriend. ;-)

Hubby and I are intrigues by the movie suggestions and will check it out shortly. I pulled out my Southern Living Annual cookbooks, and came across some fun recipes. "Reindeer" cupcakes made with pretzel antlers and Skittles for the eyes and nose. Gotta try that!