March Rudolph Day!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Some last Christmas item

I have some Christmas gifts from my friends party we just had. Have to put them away today. Other than that I do not think I'll do anything Ruddy Related.

Christmas Paper

MHH Member
Dec 8, 2008
March Rudy Day 2012

Hi Ahorsesoul, Happy Rudy Day! You have to do somethin g. What I'm doing is making a list of what Christmas Books I've read, & also what ones to read. Have 8 to read. 2 of them are Debbie Macomber, 2 are Mary Balogh, 1 is Rosamunde Pilcher. I have read the Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck- Very good, also available is Sugar Cookie Murder by-Joanne Fluke, and the 3rd one I'd read was Debbie Macomber Home for the Holidays, I'll loan you one of them if you want, let me know. Christmas Paper

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Read a short Christmas novela today - Holiday Magic by Fern Michaels.

MaryE - love your blog! so nice of you to join us.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
There are some good Easter toy sales with coupons in the Sunday paper...I should start thinking ahead for Christmas for the children I know....

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Read a short Christmas novela today - Holiday Magic by Fern Michaels.

Fern Michaels is the mother of someone I was friends with about 25 yrs ago! We became friends when she came to work at the same company back in the mid '80's. Unfortunately she passed away about 5-6 yrs ago :(

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
MaryE - love your blog! Thank you for sharing your favorite holiday movies and books with us!

Some of my favorite holiday movies are: White Christmas, A Muppet Christmas Carol, and the Santa Clause. My boys love The Polar Express and Elf.

Favorite holiday books: Skipping Christmas (the basis for Christmas with the Kranks), On Strike for Christmas (who can't relate?), A Christmas Carol (I reread it every year) and the Jeff Guinn books (Autobiography of Santa Claus, etc.) Letters from Father Christmas by JRR Tolkien is also a beautiful book containing his letters to his children.

As for decorating books, my favorite is Ruby & Begonia's Christmas Style which I purchased years ago for Barnes & Noble's online class - Holiday Entertaining. The trees and tablescapes are just beautiful.

I did not celebrate Rudy Day this weekend because we had guests, but I'm hoping to work on my lists on my plane ride on Wednesday (if the boys cooperate and entertain themselves! A girl can dream!)

Happy belated Rudy Day, everyone!

MaryE

Retire Member
Feb 14, 2012
Richmond, Virginia
Hi Colleen--I really am curious as to what you meant with "Barnes and Noble online class." Can you tell me more about that. I've never seen a link or talk about online classes. Sounds fascinating to me.

"As for decorating books, my favorite is Ruby & Begonia's Christmas Style which I purchased years ago for Barnes & Noble's online class - Holiday Entertaining. The trees and tablescapes are just beautiful."

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I didnt do anything Rudy related last weekend, was just too busy. Well this Saturday is suppose to be cool and rainy ... wanted to get some inside paitning done but I am thinking it would make for a perfect Rudy Day instead. Plan watching a couple Christmas movies, making prime rib for dinner and then for dessert homemade apple pie and hot cocoa. Cant wait...