Master Events List January 2008

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Master Events List 2008 (will be updated as needed)

:party: WE'RE HAVING A PARTY.....OUR OPEN HOUSE.....

January 1st: Monthly Magic: This will be a monthly plan started on the first of each
month. It is designed to plan the month and allow for holidays, seasonal events,
birthdays etc. Monthly Magic is not a cleaning plan but rather a way to organize and plan for holidays and events. It is primarily an organizing tool and will be unique for each person but with a framework that can be adapted to fit anyone's needs. We will
incorporate Rudolph Day, Great Pumking Day and Turkey Day in our planning.

January 1st: Personal Life Goals: Our monthly thread for goals in different life areas will be
started. Please feel free to post to it.

January 5th-10th: We will hold a Christmas Notebook debriefing here at Holiday Magic

January 10th-January 17th Holiday Magic (forums) & Magical Holiday Home Open House
There will be several surprises and special events during our Open House so be sure and check in frequently.

January 10th: JumpStart January: Preassignments will be posted on the 10th
First Week of Plan: Week of January 13th

Test it, Taste it, Rate it: Will start in January and the first recipes will be posted on January first! . They will be tested on one (or more) of our "days" (Rudolph, GPD or Turkey Day)

Holiday Recipe Notebook: Kicks off this month. The first week is the week of Jan 13th and focuses on New Years Eve and New Years Day recipes. Get your notebooks ready!!! Check the Holiday Cooking forum for the rest of
dates and timeline.

January Rudolph Book and Movie Club: The selections for January are already up. Don't forget
to join us on the 25th to discuss them.

January Great Pumpkin Day Book Club: The selections for January are up!
Don't forget to join us on January 31st to discuss
them.

More details later regarding our craft related projects for January. :grin:

EASTER COUNTDOWN (6 weeks of prep) Will start February 10th

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Things are looking like great for 2008!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Looking forward to the schedule for 2008. Love the idea of the 'Monthly Magic'. Thanks Gingerbug for putting so much time and effort into these boards, it really is appreciated. I'm raring to go.

:globe:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow -- this looks awesome! Can't wait for January :grin: I especially love that the focus is not just Christmas, but on personal growth, planning, organizing, prioritizing and scheduling reasons to celebrate throughout the year. I'll be here!

Thank you sooooo much for this list now I can make sure not to miss anything!!!

Test it, Taste it, Rate it recipes will be posted on January 1st so you can pick up any necessary ingredients you might not have!!! If there are any recipes or something you want to try please PM me and we can incorporate them throughout the year!!!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Thanks, Gingerbug! Your list and ideas are making me ready to start a great new year!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The list sounds GREAT! I can't wait to start out the New Year with you guys. After finding OC in Oct., I really enjoy coming to the sites. I just can't find enough time to keep reading everything and trying to get things done around the house. I did have my library order the The Gift of Christmas to read and I REALLY liked it. Hope you all have a HAPPY SAFE NEW YEAR!
Lana

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
thanks for doing this

2008 will be a year of big changes for me
June 29 after 10yrs fulltime (1yr parttime) at our town library I'll be retiring at the age of 50

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
itsanewme said:
thanks for doing this

2008 will be a year of big changes for me
June 29 after 10yrs fulltime (1yr parttime) at our town library I'll be retiring at the age of 50

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement!!

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
itsanewme said:

Yes, congratulations on your upcoming retirement! :applause:

And, wow! How COOL is it that there are so many exciting things to look forward to in January on this forum?!? WOW! I just knew this was the place for me! :haha:

THANK YOU for all the hard work that goes into this forum - it is a labor of love and it shows! WONDERFUL!

jkbb2

Retire Member
Oct 17, 2007
I am so excited about the list for the upcoming year, i am printing it out and putting it on my calendar and in my notebook! i am also so excited to see the energy from OC being carried on here, i have really been in a funk about the OC boards shutting down, but am less so seeing everything here! THANKS so very much!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Hope you're not leaving out Easter in Monthly Magic. Was that just an oversight?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Easter will certainly be included with the plan....we will do the Easter Countdown again....I didn't list all the holidays....but we will include something for each (and any others that different people want to put in) that's the FUN of Monthly Magic.... planning for that month's holidays and events.....BUT with EASTER...we need more...hence the six week countdown.

If you haven't looked at it....you can find the printable pages here:

http://www.melindawhitehead.com/EasterC ... tebook.htm

The first ones are notebook covers and divider pages...but if you scroll down you will see the six weekly tasks sheets.

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
What is the date that we will beginning the Easter/Spring countdown? I know I had been planning to start in the first week okf February but if everyone else has a different schedule I kind of want to be on the same page.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh, wow. Thank you sooooooooooo much for the time you've put in to all of this! It's a blessing!
::eek:rnament:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Momof9 because Easter is so early this year...the Easter Coutdown will start

February 10th....that will give us six full weeks leading up to Easter Sunday

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
thank you for your reply gingerbug... that is cutting it a little close for me... I think I will stick to my original plan of starting on the 3rd... Iwill be with you all in spirit though... LOL :razz:

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
jkbb2 said:
I am so excited about the list for the upcoming year, i am printing it out and putting it on my calendar and in my notebook!

:idea: Oh, good idea! I have little cardstock divider sheets in my notebook for each month and I think I'll print out this list and stick it on the back of January.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
momof9....you will just be a week ahead of us...maybe you can still jump in and give us some pointers!!! :idea:

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
Gingerbug! I just love all of your organization...it is just what I need. Wish I could put you in my pocket! :haha: