May 23 - 29, Living Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I'm posting this thread a bit early. That does NOT mean that I have finished with the current week! The foyer is OK. But my closet is NOT OK! In fact -- I will continue working on it into the "Living Room week".

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Thanks for starting us off again SN. I start my weeks on Monday b/c that is how my purse calendar is set up plus it's easier for me to think that way.
Thankfully though I am on to a small jump start on it. With DH's help we got the colelctor glasses on the shelving unit and I am going to go through this large pile of shoes in here tomorrow. I'm working on my to do list for in here and post it in a few days w/ every one elses.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I'm doing the Grand Plan from Mondays to Sundays, to give me the whole weekend to catch up with what I couldn't do during the week.

Tomorrow (Monday) I'm starting with putting everything away and decluttering the tv cabinet. Will also tidy up the desk (which is also in the living room). If I have time I'll take the curtains down for washing and wash the window while they're down.

Have a fab Sunday everyone!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
The big thing in the living room.... now.... is to wash the drapes. This involves a ladder and is a big deal. Maybe Tuesday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
How are we all going with the HGP. I am doing OK but need a little push along at the moment. I am glad that we are all doing this together. I was not as diligent as I should've been last week, but I was busy and let things slide a little. I will get back to it this week as I really can see the benefits of the plan and I know I will be disappointed if I stop now.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Well.... I didn't get a thing done that was on my list yesterday!!

Ended up working on the bedroom, front (toy) room and kitchen. Had some new blinds installed so had to make sure they could access the windows ok (not always easy in a toy room haha). Might do a little today, but being Rudy Day I won't stress about it...

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I will borrow one of SparkelNana's phrases "baby steps" littlet things may not fell like much in the moment but every little thing helps. I am home during th day so I have a little more of an advantage over those that work full time. Don't stress but see the positives in baby steps b/c that is one less thing you have to do later.

I am not sure how much I am going to get done either. I have "every day life" stuff today and hopefully Rudy day tomorrow so I am going to take baby steps and put some stuff in here and there as I go. Try to do somethign that doesn't take a lot of time when I am watching TV or something like that.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Well........ the living room is..... OK. So -- I have been concentrating on on-going projects during Living Room Week. Decluttering paperwork. Cleaning off Back Porch (still)! Working on guest room/office. And.... on my closet.

I am still following the HGP. It is just that.... on the rare occasions that a room does NOT need much work...... I work in other areas. I think the Summer HGP will be REALLY helpful psychologically! The sumer heat/humidity/grayness makes me feel like things are falling apart. But -- the GFP won't let things fall apart! YAY!!!!!!