May 30 - June 5, Dining Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
The Summer HGP continues! It may continue without us.... on any given week. And, of course, we chose what we are going to be working on for the week. We will not all be on the same project for the week. However..... if we just stick with it..... and do the best we can....... At the end of August..... we will be in much better shape than we are now! Much better shape "organizationally". MUCH better shape for Christmas 2010! Much better shape for life in general!

So.... May 30 - June 5 is the Dining Room week. My own Dining Room is the Family Room. And.... it is in pretty good shape. And... we are going out of town on Wednesday or Thursday. So.... it IS Dining Room week. However... I am going to continue with my decluttering of paperwork, and working on the bedrooms.

And... I AM going to continue with the Summer HGP! I think it WILL help us! (If you haven't started yet -- just jump on in. It is flexible.)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Dh really wants to leave (for our trip) early tomorrow morning! So - I posted next week's room early. Today will be trying to tie up loose ends!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Good Morning. I didnt' get much done in my Living room last week, as you say SN, real life got in the way. But we recently redid that room so the curtains didn' need rewashing or any thing yet. I can dust out the cabinet one day, quickly.

Last year we converet the dining room into a game room so I will be working on that this week. Mostly I need to pull all the games off the shelf and dust it and put them back in some sort of organized way like type of game or something. And getting any thing out of there that doesn't belong in there.

SN-enjoy your trip

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
We moved just a few weeks ago, and the Dining Room became the room where all the wall decorations landed. I still don't have most on the wall, so will try to sort and put them up this week. The rest of the DR isn't in bad shape, as was just put away when we moved.

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
My dinning room is one of the rooms I have been able to keep decluttered so I was able to give it the once over. I didn't finish all my closets so I think I will also try to focus on a hall closet the rest of this week. This is a closet which can add so much stress during the Holidays. It holds many of the items that are in constant use at that time and it is accessible to EVERYONE who stay in my home. So I like it to look neat and organized.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
My living room is so refreshing. I washed the curtains, took down the blinds and washed them, cleaned the fireplace inside and out, took everything off of the bookshelves that are on each side of the fireplace and cleaned them real good. put the throw pillows and couch cusion covers into the wash. Put upholstery cleaner on the arms and the back of the couch. Cleaned around all the ceiling edges and then the usual dusting, vac. etc. Feels so wonderful. The dining room doesn't get disorganized much. But I did take the blinds down and wash them, cleaned all the shelves in my crystal cabinet(even without breaking anything) and dusted and vac. in there. Also washed windows inside and out in both the living room and the dinind room. This is pretty fun. Thanks to everyone working at the same time and getting to write my accomplishments helps also.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Great job, Doodlebug! I am jealous! My diningroom is the "catch-all" room for mail, school papers, art projects, etc. We keep a tablecloth on the table at all times (to protect it from the two little ones) but I think that just invites everyone to DUMP stuff on it! Grrr! The rest of the room looks great, but the table is an eyesore! I need to do some more work in there. I'll try to finish it up tonight after work.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Here it is -- Wednesday night of our "Dining Room Week". I've done precious little in the Diningg Room/Family Room this week - except routine maintenance. And - it is OK. Meanwhile -- I have worked HARD on the Back Porch. (Which is... sort of.... like a "summer dining room". Table and chairs out there. Anyway -- it is cleaned up. The junk is gone. The containers are planted with flowers. Looks pretty.

So - we leave tomorrow morning - and return in a week. Which will put us into "Bathroom(s) Week". I have started the thread for next week. Do you anticipate a lot for that week? Or - are you changing things around to fit YOUR own summer schedule?

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I had not done anything yet it's been an off week for me. But I did get in there just a minute ago and got to my game shelf. It's on the side and has cubbies. So I pulled the games of each shelf and dusted. I still need do a little more organizing of the shelfs to put the games in some sort of order. Then I have a basket that we throw random game pieces in when we find them and they need to be put back into the right boxes.

I would like to wash the blinds but they might just get a wipe down for now as well as baseboards and hand prints on the walls.

The pool table is a catch all right now so need to get the cleaned off as well.

Great work on all the progress so far.
SN enjoy your trip we look forward to you catching up w/ us in teh bathrooms next week.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I am finished with my kitchen & dining room... Dining room is small. but I took everything out of my curio cabinet & washed it, got rid of things. I kept my Grandmother's dishes, as I use them on Christmas.... But I moved everything dusted, swept mopped, and then I even rearranged pics on walls...
So that's done.... and this is only Thurs.. off to work I go.. have a great day to all..