May 9 - May 15 Porch/Entry Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Piratemama. I did not even consider spraying for spiders. I hate the things. I will do that this weekend sometime. This is why sharing is so important. It not only encourages others but helps them with things they would've forgotten

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
May 15th!! A little rain overnight -- AND cooler air. Things smell fresh and lovely outside! This morning - I "tied up the rose bushes". Tied them to the forsythia plants -- so the roses grow up and out -- rather than down and out! I hope to be alternating between "inside" and "outside" work today! With - a trip to the Thrift Shop to drop off some donations! Out, out, out!

About another week at home before a businessy trip with dh. We MAY combine it with the trip for the June 5th wedding on Cape Cod. Too early to know the details.

Yesterday, I planted one of the nice $5 azalea bushes I bought. I am going out now to plant the remaining one. Talk to you later!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OK. The second $5 azalea is planted. And - a hosta is transplanted. Now I am back inside for some water. I am gathering up the trash to take outside. I have a lot of plants and containers of soil - on one side of the front steps. After I get the trash collected - I will take it outside. And then - work on beginning to clear the front steps.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My mum gave me a beautiful white chrysanthemum for mothers day. I have just gone out to the front yard and planted it. It gave the flower bed an instant lift. I was looking for other plants that may have been marked down at the garden centre so I could get some, but they were all gone.
One of my pansies in a pot has died so I will have to find something else to put in there. I need some colour in the garden to get me through the next few months of BLAH weather. Might also need to look at new door mat. Mine is OK but is a little tired looking.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
The front porch -- and the front steps -- are cleared. That IS better!

There are Shasta Daisies to divide and plant! That will be the next project!!!