May Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
SparkleNana- I will post because I am excited to get things going.

I may take it easy next week as the week after Relay I'm usually pretty worn out.

By next weekend, though, I'll be back to normal.

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wednesday, May 16th!

You know what???? Baby Steps are SLOW!!!!!!

Well.... it IS Baby Steps. In the kitchen.... clearing things out.... to get ready for "Summer Eating". Salads. Fruit smoothies. Lots of ice water and other cold drinks.

Decluttering the bathroom. Getting things ready for LOTS of quick showers. Bug spray. Sunscreen.

Clearing off the back porch. The back porch has been my "baby plant nursery". Handy to bring things inside if there was a "freeze warning". Place to grow plants from seed... with daily watering. And.... it stopped functioning as a "place to sit and eat"... and became a "working space". That is done now. Now I have to change it back into a pleasant-looking place... for relaxing!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well, I got everything ready for the garage sale. Washed, spruced up, matched up, tagged and sorted into neat stacks in totes for transport to my friends house.

Now the sale is off :(

She has been home sick with a bad case of bronchitis all week and is just not going to be up to having a sale this weekend. Sooooo....I have to decide what to do now.

We are on the Dave Ramsey plan right now and I just can't bear the thought of skipping the sale all together. Our house is in a rural area and is just not a good place for a sale.

So I'm going to talk to MIL who lives in town and see if we could do a joint sale sometime in the next month. (sigh)

I was looking forward to getting it over with this weekend. But, alas, it was not to be! :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Friday, May 18th.

Baby Steps are moving as slowly.... as a glacier!!!!!

However..... I seem to have been given a gift of..... grace to have patience! WOW!!! What a wonderful gift!!! I don't know how long it will last....... but it certainly makes everything.... so much better and more fun!!!!!!!

Slowly changing over the kitchen.... for "summer eating". Dh developed a tummy ache yesterday afternoon.... just "not feeling good". On the way home from dd's...... we stopped and I ran into the grocery store..... for ramen noodles and Seagrams ginger ale. (Dh can "tell the difference" in ginger ales. And he wants Seagrams.) I cooked him two packages of noodles at once.... with lots of the yummy veggi butter. And he sprinkled on "just part" of one of the flavor packs. This morning... he felt all better! Sometimes.... having.... just what you want.... makes all the difference!!!!!

So now,,, I have ramen noodles and ginger ale..... in the summer kitchen.... along with all the "healthy stuff". Still reorganizing and "spring cleaning" the kitchen. Lots to do. "Patience" makes it much better!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I plan on getting going this weekend!!!

I'm excited!

Annie

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
been in the garage for 4 hrs. have a truck load of stuff to go to goodwill. its so good to get rid of stuff that ive been hanging onto. books clothes dishes etc. now we have room for things needed in there.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
All those items decluttered will bless other people.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
My Decluttering is starting with my car trunk!

I got a flat tire yesterday and had a lot of miscellaneous things in my trunk!

Yikes! Had to get it out of there to get to the spare.

So, hauled it all into the house last night. Now to go through. Most of it can be tossed.

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decluttered hats & scarves today. dh got rid of an old radio with speakers too. got rid of some stuff in my purse too

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Got my garden shed cleaned and decluttered this last week so I am ready for garden season to take off, hope to have lots of veggies to pack up to go to the Farmers Market this summer. Thinking I might work on my basement today since it reallly needs some decluttering...and it is raining!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I am doing MAJOR decluttering this month now that I know we are moving. I must have sent 5-7 bags of trash out yesterday alone. Last night DH asked me if I was throwing away anything he might miss and I told him to let me know what he was missing and I'll let him know if I threw it away. :0) Mean I know, but isn't that what black trash bags were made for?