May declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I sent a desk home with DD's friend tonight. Also sent out several tupperware items and a nice set of crystal glasses. All things I really liked but either didn't use. All things the DD's friend can use.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
All the stuff I had been decluttering away in bags has been sent out of the house!! Sent them to mom's so she'll give them away to whomever wants them. Nice to see the guest room again (all the bags where there) :)

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Everyone is doing a great job!! I hope to find time to do more now that some of the craziness is over (I'm now the Mom of a college graduate!!) I did manage to toss those scrapbook magazines last week, now really need to go through my scrap supplies and see if anything can go...

I REALLY need to get all the paper off the dining table! Mail, filing, "stuff"..it's time to pretty it up!

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
You will enjoy that table once those papers are gone.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today is Move it out Monday.

Threw out 2 garbage bags of assorted stuff out the door.
Threw out 10 vhs tapes.
Got 5 books in a bag to give away.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
5 more vhs tapes out the door.

You know I'm starting to think we will drown in all the stuff we own! Every nook and cranny has stuff in it (of course it never is as much as what my neighbor has.... maybe I should go visit will give me a boost ;) )

It is so nice to have some cabinets and armoires NOT filled to the top! I'm thinking I like to have SPACE.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Last week I took 3 trash bags of DD clothes to the thrift store plus a box of old magazines. Glad they took the magazines, saved me a trip to the library.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Just got back into town after visiting my parents. While I was there I ended up decluttering an "odds and ends" dresser filled with "stuff" that had been sitting around for years. One of those jobs that no one does because no one know what's in there and the job might end up taking forever. I emptied the whole thing in less than 20 minutes and the items of value amounted to a small stack of 12' tall which I moved to elsewhere in the house (table linens my grandmother had embroidered). The rest was not even worth donating. When it was empty and wiped down I realized I had just created a dresser for my kids to put their clothes while they are there this summer! Perfect! (I've decided when I'm about 75 I'm should move out of my house and move back in again just to be sure I declutter it -- since I'm the only one that knows what stuff is. Oh wait, that's right. i won't *have* any clutter because I'm getting rid of it NOW). :)

Now I'm back home and the house is a wreck because I've been gone. My list for June is going to be a long one.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I had a trash bag of items to go to the thrift store. DD decided to declutter her room so she also had a full trash bag to go. LC had the back of her van filled with items too. They are off to drop off the items for me. I did take a corner shelf out of her van but haven't found a place for it so it may find it's way there. lol

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Well, I just wrote a long post, and it said I wasn't signed in, and ate it!

I said that I'd planted a bunch of plants in the backyard and in the side hummingbird garden. I also got rid of old plastic pots, etc., and consolidated and organized baskets, plant food, pots, etc., on and around my potting bench.

I'm also boxing up some clothes for the Salvation Army Thrift Shop. I have a jam-packed closet, and I hardly wear any of it. Most of it just needs a little alteration. I'm taking the Alaska cruise in August, and need some clothes, so maybe that will light a fire under me.

If it eats this one, I'll just forget it.

wijulie

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
SE Wisconsin
ChristmasRose---it's good to know there are others whose posts get eaten, too! lol

Taking 2 bags of items to Goodwill today. Next week I plan to pull out and donate a few larger items that got shoved under the counter in the laundry area over the winter. I think that happens because the door from the garage to the house is there, and when it's cold we just want to run in, dump our stuff, and go warm up!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'm glad to see so many of you are getting things done. I decluttered while making room in the closet for DD20's clothes. I need to do more, but that will wait about 2 more weeks. Then, the rest of the summer can be spent decluttering big time!