Menus for 2nd week in June 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have so many things I am in the mood to make this week. Pizza on the grill, beef ribs, that Texas BBQ I made yesterday. Have three packs of that BBQ in the freezer.

Today I'm making CanadianJingles Lemon Chicken. Chicken, lemon, pasta and cheese. Does it get any better than that? I'll steam some sugar snap peas for a side dish.

I've been working on next weeks menu since I'll have company. I need things that can be made up fast since we might forgot it's dinner time until late.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
sounds yummy. I need to look ahead to this week b/c we decided to skip a week shopping, that's fine but I havn't planned and need to do that ASAP. Then I need to plan for my next 2 weeks. I got a great book that gives several meal plans for 2 wks or a month and prepping/baking one day for the whole time. I really want to try that this go round.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nobody went to the groceries this weekend. I was not in good shape & DH didn't have time. So we'll be living off the freezer this week.

Tonight is macaroni with ground meat, tomato sauce, onions & mushrooms. Topped with some grated cheese.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Tonight is macaroni with ground meat, tomato sauce, onions & mushrooms. Topped with some grated cheese.

My uncle use to call this Swedish Spaghetti to harass my aunt. Right after we moved to WI DH went to help the neighbor with some concrete work. He came home telling me all about the great food they had. Turned out to be this, called Macaroni Hotdish (opposed to Tuna Hotdish) in this area of the country.

Enjoy.

Eating out of the freezer is good. So is leftovers. And skipping shopping is even better.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Until mom's car gets fixed it's either eat what I have here or take a taxi both to the store and back home, so I'll be eating whats in the house.

Tonight I think I'm going to make another burger (thawed 2 out yesterday since I couldn't get them to split apart) and then do a cold pasta salad.

What I'm really craving we kids always called "Slabaugh Slop" which dad laughed about. It's just fried potato slices, either sliced hot dogs or hamburger fried with chopped onions mix it all together and we kids covered it in ketchup. It all depended on what we had available in the house at the end of the month on whether or not it was hamburger meat or hot dogs in it but we kids loved it either way and hot dogs cooked up faster lol.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I had forgotten how good CJ Lemon Chicken was. I am going to make it for my BF next week when she is visiting. Easy, fast and so good.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We've had Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken, Chicken nachos and cheese using the leftover chicken, chicken parmesan...my house sounds like the school cafeteria...chicken every day...tomorrow is a toss up...maybe pizza, then thursday night will be dinner out...and end of the school year tradition.