MHH Wrapping Parties- Dates- 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
have them already down & ready.... this is a great idea.. as I am always Christmas Eve wrapping, and have been known on Christmas Day wrapping for the day after Christmas trips....lol
thanks AnnieClause

God Bless, DawnSu

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Love this! I've printed out the schedule and have it in my Christmas Notebook!

Thanks so much, this is going to be great!

im_cheryl

Retire Member
Dec 23, 2007
SoCal
I have also subscribed to this thread.
I love this idea! Thanks!
~Cheryl

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Dates are on the calender and I have added a few bonus dates just in case. Really optimistic that there will be no wrapping disasters this year. This is so cool.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Great Idea!!! I will be missing the first wrapping date as we will be working on our's DS b-day party/family cookout.

I always did my wrapping AFTER Thanksgiving except for last year. I started a couple weeks before and that was a big help. I plan on starting my wrapping in October.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
One of my big problems is where to store things once they are wrapped. I find that wrapped gifts take up more room then unwrapped gift, and I am also afraid of the wrapping getting torn. What do others do with their gifts once they are wrapped?

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am so into this idea this year! :)

I've got the dates on my calendar in my Christmas binder!

Usually I host a Wrapping Party but last year's was only attended by 3 people and only 1 brought anything to wrap!

I think I would rather put my energy into having a dinner party for all of our friends and their families this year (we skipped it last year due to my pregnancy).

Sweetpumkinpye - On your question on wrapped gifts getting torn....If at all possible I limit my wrapping done way ahead of time to things in true boxes - whether it be a gift box, the box in came in or a cardboard box I've put an odd shaped item in.

This makes it easier for me to stack the finished presents when I'm done wrapping them. I will often wait to put on any bows or ribbon until much closer to Christmas - once again, makes it easier to stack the boxes.

I will put a gift tag on - or write something in tiny letters on the bottom ofthe package - either their name or some sort of code - so I don't forget who the gift is for! OR when it comes to kids we give multiple gifts to - like DLittleBIL and now DSon - I will use a special, unique wrapping paper for all of their gifts and skip the gift tags all together...

As to where I put them...I try to find a clear shelf up in the closet or a clear spot in the spare room to stack gifts. Ones I am trying to hide get stacked in the attic BEHIND other boxes so DH can't see if he happens to pop his head up there for any reason!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AuntJamelle, Thanks for your advice. It all make complete sense when you explain it. It makes me feel better about pre wrapping.

XmasInBama

Retire Member
Nov 9, 2009
This sounds like such a great idea! I am totally looking forward to doing this! I am determined this year to have all of my shopping done by the first week in December! I am definitely putting this in my calender!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
This is going to work GREAT...thanks AnnieClaus for heading up this project!!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
AuntJamelle.....I am going to remember your advice about boxes for wrapping those gifts that get wrapped ahead of time...makes PERFECT sense.....now why didn't I ever think of that???

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Great Idea! Will be so nice not having to wrap everything all at once too :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This first MHH wrapping party is Sunday August 1st. I need to look into my wrapping supplies and make sure that I have enough tape and gift cards so that I can start. I also need to clear a little space so that I can put the wrapped gifts away when I am finished with them. I will need to do a little prep before our first party but I am really looking forward to it.

NO wrapping disasters for me this year!!!

:tree2:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Yes I'll need to check my supplies.

Can anyone recommend some online stores where I can buy christmas wrapping supplies in case I don't have enough? I doubt I'll be able to get any in the department stores at the moment.

They'll need to be able to ship to Australia...

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Here's an idea I have used in the past for Christmas paper...because it comes in handy during clearance sales too.

Look for some paper that is not Christmas but is Christmas Colors...like red, green, gold, etc One year I picked up a roll of red plaid and a roll of green plaid and it worked great for Christmas....so if you can't find Christmas per se...that might work!

:clothes:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Great idea, Gingerbug! Here is an idea that I used last year. Because the room where I have the Christmas tree is very small -- I decided to try a "theme" for colors of wrapped gifts. I chose "green". I had white paper and green paper (plain) with ribbons in green and/or white and/or gold. The gold brightened up the area under the tree. Solid color paper - with different shades of green or green/gold - were fine!