Move It Out Monday 1/24/11

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
It's Move It Out Monday.....what are you "moving out" today?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I am going to gather up the boxed clothes and put them in the truck and actually take the somewhere. I want to get the laundry room cleaned up and that is a major eyesore in there right now taking up space!

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I am going to continue on the closet. And hopefully the dresser drawers finished. Might possibly even go through my shoes again.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'll be working in the basement so I'll find things to move out there for sure.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm at my office right now and I think I'm going to get up and toss a few things here, while I'm thinking about it. I've done alot, but I can always find something!!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I moved out a pile of papers and magazines about 3 inches thick - some I didn't want, some I'd read and pulled articles I wanted to keep, some print-outs were duplicates etc.

They all went into the recycling bin this morning!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
need to find something. I moved alot out yesterday getting rid of some broken Wii stuff, shreading and a box that holds votive candles. It had 4 in it and have for prob 10 yrs. yikes.
Oh I have 3 thing in my fridge that are old left overs. Not really out of thehouse but out of the fridge.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I went to town and forgot the box. Go figure. So i'm going to get it ready today and put it in the truck so it's in there the next time I go to town.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm working on the bedroom since Flylady emailed me that it's bedroom week. lol I'll try to find some things in the bedroom this morning that need to fly out of my house.

It's been cold (below zero most of last week) so I did not venture out to the thrift store to drop off my bags. I have to go out today so I'll drop them off. Also need to stop at the hospital to pick up some medical records so I'll check their gift shop for valentine towels for my Christmas baskets.

Update: sorted one dresser in the bedroom. Wasn't really much to toss. Did have some buttons that needed to go into my sewing kit. Done. Dropped off the huge bag of clothes to the thrift store. Looked around while I was there. Found a skirt and blouse that I'll see if a friend can wear, it just looked like something she'd like and picked up one glass that I might use as a gift.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Threw out some odds & ends in DD's room & DH threw out his old ski suit.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have been digging under my bed today. There was alot of blankets that were in those plastic bags comforters come in and such. I got one and one of DH's jackets in the car to get taken to good will, and found a waterproof crib pad and gave to my neighbor who is expecting a baby. Also one of her DSs socks I just washed LOL. The rest are now in a better place, no longer under the bed and I set the roomba loose under there to vacuum. Found the cords to the electric blankets and threw out the one cord that didn't work any more.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Even though I didn't take the stuff to donate today, I did move it out to the truck so it is there and will have to be dropped off before I can get groceries again.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm going to work on the bedroom for 30 minutes tonight so sure to find some clothes to stick in the Goodwill Bag....and I actually have two partially filled boxes in the basement but want to fill them up before taking them away....

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I shredded some old bills and put 2 bras in the giveaway bag.

I also gave a gift which started emptying out my gift closet.

Debbie

Patricia

Retire Member
I filled another box today, which brings my grand total to 6 boxes full of "stuff" out of the house! Mostly today it was knick-knacks that I've had stored up in the attic. This house is so tiny, I don't have the room to display very many things. I am only keeping the things which I truly love. At least, that's what I keep telling myself when I have trouble parting with something ; )