Move It Out Monday 8/11/08

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
MOVE IT OUT MONDAY

I need to do this every week....I have so much that needs to be declutter. I am horrible about letting go of "stuff" and we have just too much for our size house. So this evening afterwork...I will do the Move It Out challenge and hopefully get rid of another bag of stuff...

Join me if you'd like and let us know how it goes!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Count me in! I've been decluttering all summer, have donated almost 20 bags "stuff"! I try and do a little each day! I'm up for the challenge! lol

gllatshaw

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2008
Florence, South Carolina
I'm in but I need more than Monday! I am opening a new business in Sept. in another town about 45 minutes away. I'll be living in the new town during the week and coming home on the wwekend. With only two days to clean, laundry and run errands, plus visit family and friends I really don't need all this clutter in my way, so I'm cleaning out everything. I want to get down to the bare essentials- one cup, one spoon.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I actually cleaned out the boys' closet Friday, but the FOUR bags of clothes for a fall yard sale are still in the laundry room...so today, between blessed, sweet, welcome raindrops, we'll "move it out" to the storage building in the back yard. I now have about 10 bags of clothes and other stuff for the yard sale, which will be held at my mom's in conjunction with everyone else on her street...at the end of October, when it's nice and cool and folks are out and about enjoying the fall weather and the bargains!

Speaking of-I'm thinking about just putting all the kids' clothes on a table with a sign that says "50 cents each" or "25 cents each" or whatever...rather than individually pricing each item. What do you think about that? I just want it gone...the nicer stuff I'll take a little loss on, but it'll be worth it to get it OUT OF MY HOUSE!! Whatever's left will be bundled up and donated to Goodwill. Yay!

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
I just MOVED OUT 2 large garbage bags of broken toys and junk from DS's room and 2 small bags of outgrown clothing, after my week long overhaul. Now to look at other areas of the house.... (UGH!)

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Cathymac said:
Speaking of-I'm thinking about just putting all the kids' clothes on a table with a sign that says "50 cents each" or "25 cents each" or whatever...rather than individually pricing each item. What do you think about that? I just want it gone...the nicer stuff I'll take a little loss on, but it'll be worth it to get it OUT OF MY HOUSE!! Whatever's left will be bundled up and donated to Goodwill. Yay!

I completely agree with you Cathymac. Here in the UK we do Car Boot sales, they are usually held in a field or some kind of open space, and you turn up with your boot full of things to sell. I try to do at least one each year to make a bit of spare cash. I see it the same as you, once I've cleared it out I want it gone and a few pounds in my pocket is better than me storing a load of stuff which is of no use to me.

:flower: