My "elfed" pay it forward gift is on it's way

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I've decided to give this gift to someone that almost everyone at work dislikes. (I, myself, have had a run-in or two with this guy.)
I guess he's the perfect candidate. I think I even found him the perfect gift!
He loves loons, so I bought him a coffeemug with a loon on it.
Actually, we have a couple people at work that love loons and that almost everyone dislikes. LOL (The other I get along with just fine, though.)
I ordered the mug online and it should be here in a few days.
:sleigh:

That is really nice of you!

Let us know how he responds.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I set the gift on his desk when he went to lunch.
I shared what I was doing with two people, even though I'd not intended on letting anyone know. Unfortunately, I was ready to quit work this week, as a result of this guy.
When asked why I chose him, I said I look at it like Scrooge's nephew. He felt that if he could always wish Scrooge a Merry Christmas in spite of his disposition, he knew that he truley had Christmas in his heart. I feel the same way.
I hope he'll go ahead and purchase a gift for someone else and secretly leave it with them. I put the poem in with it with instructions to also include the poem.
(I almost didn't follow through and give him the gift, I was so upset; but then knew that I had to go ahead with the plan. The one person I shared with what I was doing said that the gift recipient has changed over the years and that he thinks he may be going through some tough personal crisis that has effected his temperment and he thinks my gift is the perfect idea.)

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I'm proud of you lolwlias! We sometimes never know what goes on in other's homes that make them behave the way they do (I'm learning this with a neighbor family right now!), but by leaving him a small gift, you may have made his day just a little brighter!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
lolwlias,
How did your gift go over? Has he remarked about it at all?

Even if somehow, he doesn't seem to appreciate your secret gesture, I'm so proud of you for going through with the gift giving despite what he has done. You're an inspiration to me to remember not to let others' actions control my own.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
UPDATE:
Absolutely nothing has happened. Nothing.
I even left a note on his desk in case he took it home and put it under his tree or something. The note said "I hope you are enjoying your gift. (If you have not already opened it, please do so.)"

So...we'll see what happens as the days get closer to Christmas.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
This gift may take time to see results in this guy. He's probably very confused as to why anyone would leave him a gift and little notes. Or he's worried there is some kind of office "love" connection with the gift. If he's the type of guy very few people like, the reaction may not be a positive one. But it has touched his heart, how ever cold it maybe.

You have done something wonderful for this guy. It shows you have a great heart don't worry about his reaction.