Need creative help with Dh's gift

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

zchristy

Santa's Elves
For my Dh's birthday I am giving him a leatherbound album of the phtos from our getaway to the ocean last summer. He's been saying for months that we should get some of the photosmade up, so as a special reminder of that trip, I'm doing it for his birthday and I know he'll love it.

We have some small shells that we picked on the beach together and I want to include them in the photo album. Can you think of a creative way for me to include them in the photo album? They are the right size to be tucked in one of the photo pockets, but I don't know how I'd seal it and still keep it looking professional.

I'd love your help - thanks so much!

What about taking photos of them or making photocopies of them and place the cut outs of them throughout the album??? I wouldn't want to ruin a leatherbounder album either!!! How about picking a favorite picture and glue the shells around a picture frame for the picture? Ok that's all I have for now!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I agree with christmascreations about scanning the shells to put in the book. Unless it's flat like a sand dollar it can ruin your book or get crushed. A scanner will make it look very real.

If you decide to scan them yourself be sure to put a piece of clear plastic (like sran wrap) down on the scanner's glass so you don't scratch the scanner surface.

A frame with the shells glued on them can be kept at home or at the office as a beautiful reminder.

zchristy

Santa's Elves
They are pretty flat like a sand dollar and I want the originals in the book, not a copy.

A friend of mine suggested trying to make a small shadowbox page in the album with a foam photo frame and sealing the plastic photo insert with crystal effects glue after sliding the shells into that.
:)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
There are thin clear plastic boxes that go into scrapbooks that could hold these. They come in different sizes and stick to a scrapbook page. I can't remember what they are called. You could check some scrapbook stores.

There are "shadow box pages" for scrapbooks too. They are called "Show It All".
http://www.showitallpage.com/

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Ahoursesoul, those showitall pages are too cool. Thanks for sharing!

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Oh wow, my MIL just gave me my DH's first baby outfits. Those show it all pages will be perfect! Thank you so much for the link!!!! :pink: