Need Valentine Dessert

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
Okay.....my husband and I have decided to stay in for Valentines day because I was diagnosed with acid reflux and am having a hard time with a lot of foods.....mostly onions, garlic, cinnamon....spices in general.....so he is making the meat and potato or whatever he decides and I am making the salad and dessert. The salad will be the one someone posted with beet heart cutouts....I am having a hard time with the dessert. I don't want heart shaped cookies or cupcakes or cake but would like something heart shaped.....any ideas???

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
I have a recipe for a peppermint pie. It has a chocolate crust & you get to use up some of those leftover Christmas candy canes :haha: . You could always sprinkle some leftover candy canes on top in a heart shape or take two whole candy canes & place them in the shape of a heart on top. Let me know if you are interested & I will dig up the rcipe. I know not everyone likes peppermint (or pie :huh: ).

Bren :jumpinghearts:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Baileys ice cream

Yield: 4 Servings

Ingredients:

2 c Double cream
1 c Full fat milk
1 c Castor sugar
1/2 c Baileys

Instructions:

Pinch salt Whisk all of this stuff together until all the sugar has been dissolved. Then freeze as you would normally freeze ice cream either in an ice cream maker or in a tub in the freezer whisking every half hour or so. Because of the alcohol content of this ice cream it will usually take around 12 hours to become hard. It does freeze hard so taking it out the freezer 10 minutes before serving is advised. It does melt quickly so you have to eat it fast. Don't put any more Baileys into the mix. 1/2 a cup may not seem much but the flavour comes through very strongly. I prefer this with a little Baileys poured over it. Make it and enjoy it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Amaretto cheesecake

Yield: 10 Servings

Ingredients:

1/2 c Whole almonds
1 lb Cream cheese
3/4 c Sugar
3 Eggs
1 ts Vanilla extract
2 tb Amaretto
3/4 c Sour cream

Instructions:

Spread nuts in a baking pan and bake in a preheated 325F oven for 8 minutes or until lightly toasted. Let cool and finely chop. With an electric mixer beat cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in eggs vanilla Amaretto and sour cream. Reserve 2 tablespoons of nuts and stir in remaining nuts. Pour batter into a greased 9-inch springform pan. Sprinkle reserved nuts over the top. Bake in the middle of a preheated 325F oven for 25 minutes or until just barely set. Turn off the oven leave the door ajar and let cool in the oven for 1 hour longer. Chill. To serve remove pan sides and cut into wedges.
Cheesecake: 31 Fantastic Recipes Lou Seibert Pappas

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Strawberry~ chocolate~ & cheese parfait

Yield: 2 Servings -

Ingredients:

1 c Strawberries sliced
1 tb Strawberry* liqueur
1/2 c Part-skim ricotta cheese
1 1/2 ts Each granulated sugar -and whipping cream
1/2 oz Ini chocolate chips

Instructions:

In small mixing bowl combine strawberries and liqueur; set aside. Using a fork in separate small mixing bowl combine cheese sugar and cream; fold in chips. Into each of 2 long-stemmed glasses or individual dessert dishes spoon half of the cheese mixture then top each with half of the strawberry mixture. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled. Each serving provides: 1 Protein Exchange 1/2 fruit Exchange; 90 Optional Calories Per Serving: 189 Calories; 8g protein; 9g fat; 18g carbohydrate; 195 mg calcium; 84mg soium; 24mg cholesterol; 1g dietary fiber. * Raspberry or cherry liqueur may be substituted for the strawberry liqueur
Source: Weight Watchers Quick Success Program Cookbook Posted by COOKIE.LADY [MUMSIE] on Jul 16 1992 MM by Cathy Svitek