New Christmas fiction book

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Darcy

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
I did a lot of reading this weekend. I found a few books at the library.

One book is a cute fiction book by Sheila Roberts. It is called: On Strike for Christmas.

It's about women who get tired of doing everything for the holidays so they go on strike - forcing their husbands to do all the Christmas preparations. One husband even calls his wife Yulezilla. :haha:

Reading Christmas books - a great way to spend Rudolph Day and/or Memorial Day!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I've heard of that book and it's actually on my list for this year!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Ordered the book from a near by library. It will be here in a few days. So today I'm going to pick up A Catered Christmas by Isis Crawford.

luvbooks

Retire Member
Jan 3, 2008
These books sound great, I have to read them!!! they would be great reads for Christmas in July!!! yeah!! :skate:

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
Last year my kids were all working during T-giving weekend, so I bought "On Strike for Christmas" book on a whim. I read it all in one day. I laughed and cryed and laughed some more. I could pick out my friends and their husbands by the personalities in the book. I wrote in the back of the book who I thought was like who. Then I gave my book to my best friend. I didn't tell her about what I wrote. She called every few days to tell where she was at in the book. When she got done, she found what I had written and called laughing, because she too had made a list and we named them the exact same way. It was great, can't wait until this year so I can refreash and then share with someone else!!!!

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I have not heard of this title; however, from you have described, it sounds pretty interesting.

A few weeks ago I checked out, Unwrapping Christmas by Lori Copeland. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it if you are looking for a book for the weekend.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I finished On Strike for Christmas yesterday. It is easy to read. Great Book.

I actually did this one Christmas but my dh really could care less about any Holiday. He is completely fine with doing nothing for Christmas, it's just a lot of trouble to him. He has no happy memories from his childhood and is not interested in making any for anyone else including his family or grandkids. Very sad. I now do Christmas for myself.

Darcy

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
GrannyK - great story!

Ahorsesoul - Sorry your husband doesn't enjoy Christmas. I hope you take care of yourself or have friends/family that help you. :frown:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I just popped onto my library website and they have a copy available right now - I may just have to swing by after work today!

Thanks for the tip!

:-D