New Ideas for Teens to Make

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pkcrafty

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Central Arkansas
Could any of you help me with new ideas for my 16 year old? She likes to make gifts for her friends, but has run out of ideas. We've been searching the internet for something new, but it's slow going. In the past she's made soaps, cookies/candy, scarves, jewelry...
Have you seen anything new for teens? :help:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
How about the note pad stands we made for Christmas in July. My daughter is giving them out to all her teachers, leaders and friends. THey are super easy and can be made in all kinds of fun patterns.

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Just the other night..we were reminiscing about DD and the gifts she made her friends when she was in high school. She's a bit "PUNK" as are many of her friends and their favorite gifts were the old Barbie dolls she still had kicking around, that she embellished. She used black electric tape and made the dolls weird outfits. Of course, DH and I rolled our eyes and groaned but the kids loved them to the point I had to go buy second hand dolls for her to finish her gift giving!

She also made other gifts from electrical tape and duct tape. Wallets were always popular with the kids. I have seen these demonstrated on Carol Duvall at hgtv.com

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Does she do counted cross stitch? If so, she could make them each a book mark with their initials on them. You can use the regular Aida cloth; you don't have to buy ready made book marks (which could get expensive!).

I love the post it stands, myself. I have made them for everyone...even grandkids!! :rotflol:

:bigsnow:

mommyby3

Retire Member
Oct 24, 2007
Beautiful North Carolina
Question.......Where might I find the directions for the post-it holder. That sound like a great teacher gift.

Thanks

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Maybe someone has it saved. I deleted my link when I was done. Can anyone help??? :ghost:

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I remember when I was in high school, one of my friends giving me some food items dipped in chocolate. I really liked that. Other ideas I can think of are to make an ornament, maybe one with a picture like this one http://www.hgtv.com/crafting/stained-glass-ornament/index.html. Another idea may be to go to one of the ceramic painting studio's where you can choose an item to paint. Maybe she could choose a plate or mug, paint a picture on it or personal message and put a food item inside. ::eek:rnament:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I just thought of something I did with my grandson last year, and on my own way before he was born.

Get clear Christmas balls and several bottles of craft paint. Remove the caps from the balls. Squirt a little paint (different colors) into the ball, swirling it around. Turn upside down in an egg carton, so excess paint can drain. When done draining, replace cap. I have used red, gold, green; blue, white, gold; and other combinations. They are really pretty, and no two are the same. DGS had a ball making them for Sunday School and Children's church leaders and family and friends. I have given them as gifts as well. I bought the balls at Dollar Tree. As of this past Wednesday, they aren't out, but keep your eyes peeled. Hobby Lobby also had them last year. They really are pretty.

:bigsnow:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
DD13 embellished candles last year for her friends, aunts, grandmothers and myself. Barely cost us anything also. We found medium sized candles on clearance for 20 cents at Joanne's, we picked up scrapbooking stickers and wire and jewel embellishments at the dollar store and she personalized them for each person she made them for. One of her friends requested another one for her birthday. This year she is making fleece scarfs for her friends in school colors.