New Member Intros

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
If you are a new member and interested in increasing your post count so you can do the card exchange....here's a great way to do it...The Intro Thread

Take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about your interests sand your love for Christmas. When people reply with questions or comments....you get another opportunity to post!! :)

:welcome2:

Januarymama

Retire Member
Sep 16, 2013
Davison, MI
Hi to all! Well as anyone can tell, I am new here. I am expecting a little one in January, a boy :). I am obsessed with general hospital! I watch it everyday. Well except of course weekends. I am really into arts and crafts, and making homemade things. In fact I plan on doing all hand made Christmas gifts this year. I really look forward to my family opening them and appreciating my hard work. What I like most about Christmas is that I get to spend time with my family and we are all happy. Since everyone lives here there and everywhere it is nice to have time together. I love that everyone is so cheerful kind and giving during the holiday season. And of course, it's CHRISTmas so it is a good time to be thankful for all we have and to remember what The Lord has blessed us with. It IS Jesus birthday after all. I look forward to getting to know all of you. And thank you for being so welcoming! :)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Congratulations on the little one you're expecting! Be sure to finish those gifts early. He may decide to be a Santa delivery. I was due in February 48 years ago and came on December 9th, and my mom had no shopping done! Lol

Januarymama

Retire Member
Sep 16, 2013
Davison, MI
Missjane,
How funny you say that. I will be full term on Christmas Eve, so they say it can be expected anytime between then and my due date roughly 3 weeks later. Therefore there is a small chance he could come on Christmas. And thank you! The father and I are so excited! It is our first and we reeeeaallly wanted a boy. As for shopping I only have a few items. Which is only clothing. I am trying to hold out until after my baby shower so that I will know what I still need. Also my sister is giving me a few things from my niece. Though that is limited as she had a girl and I'm having a boy. It is realllly hard to find what I think is cute for a boy. All they really have is like trucks and powder blue items. So worn out. That's why currently I am making him an outfit of my creation. It will be his coming home outfit. I decided to go with a polar theme. So I am making a hat with ears and eyes, a jacket and pants with footies and little gloves. The footies and gloves will have paw pads on them so he will be dressed like a little polar bear! And for the onesie it will be simple one color with an igloo stitching in the middle. I figured it would be adorable since he is a winter baby. I got some soft, warm fabrics from the hobby lobby. Whew! I feel like if I were speaking this out loud I would be winded by this point!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
:welcome: and congrats on the new little one. I have 3 boys (9,12,14) so I hear ya, they are a lot of fun!

Januarymama

Retire Member
Sep 16, 2013
Davison, MI
Lana- I don't have a machine so I do all of my stuff hand sewn. I have made various clothing, pillows, purses, and nothing really intricate because without a machine my hands would get very tired. As for crafts just anything really. Home made facial scrubs, lotion, lip balm, snowglobes, hand made dream catchers, I could go on. I've made and painted a table before, crocheting, I did weaving on a loom and that took FOREVER but it was super fun.

Thank you guys! We were so excited, he will be the first boy in his generation, so he gets to carry on the family name, and the grandparents on both sides already have grand daughters so they are excited for a boy to enter our family :)

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Nice to see you posting! So much fun here.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
JM, I teach home economics (now called family and consumer science). Sometimes when FACS departments upgrade to newer model sewing machines, they auction off the sewing machines for almost nothing or sell them outright. You may be able to check with some local high schools to see if they will be getting rid of some soon. Also, places like WalMart, quilting shops, sewing shops let the floor models go at a real discount. Just some thoughts. You may actually prefer the hand sewing! I admire you for doing an entire outfit for your baby!!

winters momma

MHH Member
Sep 10, 2013
Houston, Texas
Good Monday Morning. I joined this website a few weeks ago. I love reading about people excited about Christmas. I have always loved Christmas. But there alot of people who dislike it for one reason or another. They never have a good reason, they just become depressed and moody about it.

It is nice to see people happy and pleasant. : )

The last 2 years have been not so good Christmases. In 2011 I was going thru surgeries and starting treatment for breast cancer. And last year my husband went thru major surgery, was out of work and just lots of stress. Soooo this year is going to be Great!!!!!! I am 21 months breast cancer free!!! : ))))))))))) hubby is working. Things are great!!!!!!! Going to be a good year.

I have been married 12.5 years to a wonderful man. Forever I will be grateful to him helping me get thru cancer. We have 7 furbabies (cats). They are our family.

I hope everyone has a good Monday. : ))))):

:tree2:

Nanato3

Retire Member
May 19, 2013
Garland, TX
:welcome2:

Welcome. You will love it here, everyone is pro-Christmas.

Congrats on being cancer free for 21 months. That is awesome

Nanato3

Retire Member
May 19, 2013
Garland, TX
Winters Momma.

Anytime you feel like please come over to the daily chit chat thread and join us. it is a great way to get to know everyone. This thread lets us talk about our day to day life and preps for the holidays.

Januarymama

Retire Member
Sep 16, 2013
Davison, MI
Missjane- Economic class is what got me into sewing! I remember the year I took it was the last year my school called it economics. Great advice on the machine, I will have to look around. I have also wanted to get myself a type writer. I think it would be fun to start sending people letters and typewriters are so classic and beautiful. Plus who doesn't love getting a letter in the mail. No one sends them anymore. So when they do appear it is always very nice. I am really excited to start my project. I have the fabric and I got the patterns ready. I just forgot to get elastic so I will have to go to the store sometime before I can start. I am looking forward to it because it will give me something to do. If it turns out well I may make more!

Welcome Winters Momma! Great that you healthy again. You will love it here. I am new as well and I'm enjoying it. There are so many different categories with recipes ideas etc and everyone is so welcoming. It's a happy place :)

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Welcome Januarymama & wintersmama! always nice to make new friends

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Welcome, Winters Mama! I hope this will be a stellar Christmas for you and your family!!

JanuaryMomma, I'm glad I gave you some food for thought about the sewing machine. Check places like the salvation army and goodwill, too.